Cloud Data Services Sales Representative
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers
gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data
anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver
data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy
new applications that easily use data and services regardless of
where they reside or in what form.
As a CDS Sales Representative in NetApp s Sales function, you are
responsible for selling NetApp s CDS Products and Professional
Services to existing and new NetApp prospects. You re responsible
for maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving
customer needs. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting,
developing business, responding to RFP s, developing proposals for
presentation to customers, and selling CDS Products and Services.
Cross-functional teams from NetApp s Marketing, Systems Engineering
and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you
to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will
utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and
technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the CDS Sales Representatives are
to work directly with customers, Either with or independent of the
NetApp core sales teams to capture CDS BU sales opportunities and
to work effectively across functions with other NetApp
* Use relationship management techniques to develop selling
opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new
divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new
selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
* Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other
NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to
help qualify the opportunity.
* Determining if customer has a valid need for NetApp CDS products
* Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to
test the product or products in their own environment.
* Responsible for in territory Hyperscaler sales relationships and
* Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to
determine the success of an evaluation test project.
* Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with
customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a
formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
* Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on
their business need.
* Recommend marketing strategies.
* Provide status information to your Manager including
* Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your
* Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when
* 7+ years of experience in a direct sales role
* Strong understanding of enterprise computing, storage and storage
management technologies and competitive offerings in the Fortune
* Strong verbal and written communications skills including
* Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department
and across functions.
* Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions
solve business problems.
* Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as
needed to help customer make buying decisions.
Responsibility and Interaction:
* Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses
their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives
and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and
* Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and
large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important
* This individual effectively works with, and influences senior
internal personnel within the function, employees in other
functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer
* May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives
across functional groups.
* Limited management supervision and direction is provided since
this individual operates and drives results independently.
* The ideal candidate is a CDS portfolio subject matter expert and
strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also
act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects
with significant interdependencies.
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with
a Bachelor s degree; or 12 years and a Master s degree; or a PhD
with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what s important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Irvine , Cloud Data Services Sales Representative, Sales , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!