Sr Technology Sales
Company: Dimension Data
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference? If you join our growing global team, you'll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies - who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You'll be part of a team who's passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work - whether it's protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things. You'll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we'll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities. Want to be part of our team?In this role, a Sr. Client Manager must successfully develop, cultivate and maintain positive relationships with potential clients, those newly acquired and assigned clients. Generally, the role requires 70% sales & customer relationship skill and 30% technical skill. A Sr. Client Manager must also successfully partner with a team of Systems Engineers to help find solutions to current or unforeseen communication challenges by providing solutions consisting of Enterprise Networking, Security, Data Center, Cloud and Manages Services. Since the primary role of the position is generating sales for potential and current clients, the position requires travel to client sites in the geographic area.What you'll be doing
- Lead Generation- acquire new customer database from cold calling into high levels within prospect organizations, networking and various customer account lists.
- Participates in campaigns, product fairs and seminars, works with marketing manager to understand new offers and leads in local area, generates leads independently and follows-up appropriately
- Solution Selling - consults with clients to determine their needs and works with application sales specialists to generate multi-product/service solutions. Takes initiative to learn new offers and products, as they become available. Able to apply new product knowledge in business development efforts
- Proposal/Presentation Generation incorporates executive summary, ROI analysis, and solution design to develop customer-specific proposals and presentations.
- Develop Scope of Work - works with the customer and engineering team to define and document the project scope
- Relationship Management - develops and manages relationships with current clients to develop additional business as well as ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Accurate Forecasting - captures activity information on a timely basis as client interactions occur to insure accurate product and services forecasting What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Strong hunting skills required
- Local residency with existing local customer relationships
- Excellent business acumen in Enterprise Networking, Security, Data Center and Cloud
- Advanced Managed Services selling skills in with a demonstrated track record.
- Existing OEM relationships
- 7-10 years selling experience with telecom and other technology products and solutions. Preferably Cisco, EMC (Storage), VMware, NEC, Microsoft , Managed Services and Cloud.
- Market knowledge (i.e. industry knowledge relevant to geographic area) and technical knowledge are necessary, and if assigned to vertical markets, a knowledge of public sector is required.
- Must possess business experience to analyze client business requirements and develop creative solutions as well as utilize technical resources to complete an accurate and technically assured sales order.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Sales Expert and Cisco certifications preferred. Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today. Diversity in Dimension Data Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
Keywords: Dimension Data, Irvine , Sr Technology Sales, Sales , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!