Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing and
future job openings and promote career opportunities within an
* Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay
abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
* Interview applicants to obtain information on work history,
training, education, and job skills.
* Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA).
* Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant
job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet
recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and
* Prepare and maintain employment records.
* Contact applicants to inform them of employment possibilities,
consideration, and selection.
* Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations,
benefits, and job or career opportunities in organizations.
* Screen and refer applicants to hiring personnel in the
organization, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
* Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as
* Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and
* Recruit applicants for open positions, arranging job fairs with
college campus representatives.