Purchasing Agent ( Renewable ) OC/LA
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Do you want to work with your fellow owners? - Rosendin is one
of the largest electrical contractors in the United States,
employing over 7,000 people. - We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more
than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building
quality electrical and communications installations, building value
for clients, and building people within the company. -# LI-LL1
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchase of electrical
equipment and construction materials, and issuing subcontracts. The
Purchasing Agent will manage, plan/forecast, procure inventory with
the Purchasing department for multiple suppliers, maximizing
metrics aligned with Company corporate strategic directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive verbal and written requisitions for materials and
equipment from project managers and field operations.
- Review and source materials and equipment in accordance with
established company practices and procedures. - -
- Solicit quotations from vendors. Review, analyze and present
findings to management with emphasis on best economic value and
defined company procurement objectives. - -
- Generate and distribute purchase orders through computerized
purchasing system in accordance with established company
- Responsible for the tracking and expediting of all existing
orders. Update and maintain scheduling in purchasing system.
- Review materials upon receipt for accuracy. - Enter
documentation into purchasing system.
- Support estimating department by contacting vendors for
budgetary quotations for materials and equipment in the preparation
- Solicit and prepare submittal documentation in support of
- Coordinate and document supplier certificates of compliance
with project managers.
- Perform additional duties as directed by VP Purchasing,
Corporate Purchasing Manager or Division Manager.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years minimum experience in a fast-paced business
environment and have electrical construction purchasing
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and construction
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures,
policies and accounting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others.
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin -is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - Employment decisions
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, Irvine , Purchasing Agent ( Renewable ) OC/LA, Sales , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!