Reporting Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Company: Union Bank
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
experience?Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of
the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest
financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the
details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients? best
interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to
understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We?re
part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the
world?s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture
of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your
potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and
creating results is rewarded.Job Summary:?As the Reporting Analyst,
you will be a key member of our Customer and Employee Experience
team. You will provide comprehensive business analysis, report
development, and meaningful data for the assigned business
line.People manager: NoMajor Responsibilities:?
- Compile and analyze data for deposits, operational metrics, and
- Handle day to day data needs for reporting and analysis while
continuously creating efficiencies.
- Develop complex dashboards that will be of significant
importance to members of senior leadership and customer-facing job
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the supported lines
of businesses to properly align data and reporting to the strategic
goals and plans.
- Identify trends and developments in competitive environments
and presents findings to senior management.
- Manages the sales data through ad hoc and management
- Responsible for improvement in execution/automation pertaining
to reporting and data management.
- Develop and run complex models to produce projections, simulate
scenarios, and obtain comparative data.
- Establish assumptions and critical decision variables.
- Test for consistency and validity.
- Creates and maintains models used for forecasts and strategic
- Develop and track relevant metrics for the business line's
- Track, monitor, and analyze the goals and associated
- Build sophisticated spreadsheets that include advance and
interactive functions such as macros/pivot tables or other advanced
- Maintain a sales cube and various databases.
- Run the necessary reports and/or programs for reporting,
analysis, and data.
- Liaison between the department and IT to develop or enhance
- May oversee the preparation of reports/data used to determine
incentive compensation payouts under various incentive plans.
- Guide internal clients on the best reporting methodologies,
their results, and obtaining goals.
- Liaison with Business Intelligence Group for long-term
automation opportunities and may develop executive reports that use
Business Intelligence databases.Qualifications: At a minimum, the
right candidate should meet the following criteria: ?
- Four-year college degree (or comparable work experience).
- One or more of the following designations: MBA, CFA, CPA or
similar professional designation in Financial Management, or MS in
Math and/or Accounting is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of increasingly more complex responsibility in
performing financial and statistical analysis and model preparation
using MS excel, (or comparable).
- Ability to comfortably communicate with Executive
- Report development and modeling experience preferred.
- Ability to work under time pressure and handle several projects
at a time.
- Ability to communicate, influence, negotiate and persuade team
members at all levels.
- Requires good time management skills.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and Tableau.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to
leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of
our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category.A conviction is not an absolute bar
to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of
rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are
considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it?s the
bank?s policy to only inquire into a candidate?s criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, or receive?a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. ?
Keywords: Union Bank, Irvine , Reporting Analyst, Assistant Vice President, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!