VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator
Company: Rudolph & Sletten
Posted on: September 12, 2019
VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator
Rudolph and Sletten, Inc.
Rudolph and Sletten is looking for a VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator to
coordinate 3D MEP models to be used from pre-design to
pre-construction and construction phase to assist the project's
delivery throughout design and construction using Building
Information Modeling. The candidate should have 1-2 years of
experience in the mechanical contracting industry with experience
in BIM, design coordination and prefabrication for HVAC, plumbing,
electrical and fire protection systems in commercial buildings
using Revit, AutoCAD and NavisWorks. The VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator
will work as a member of the VDC Department. The position reports
to the Director of VDC/BIM services. The position will provide the
candidate an opportunity to grow within the company in an
innovative and collaborative environment. This position can be
located in our San Carlos, Roseville, Irvine, or Los Angeles
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate BIMs, and facilitate collaboration and communication
with Owners, Architects, Engineers and trade contractors to
co-generate models for use by pre-construction team, estimating
department and operations team.
- Analyze 3D models provided by design team and engineers during
design coordination to support pre-construction.
- Provide value analysis during the design process and recommend
alternate solutions where appropriate.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control checks on BIM
- Perform clash detection in a proactive manner to ensure
documents and Revit Models are coordinated.
- Design, develop and enforce modeling protocol and standards
with VDC/BIM Manager.
- Coordinate model with design teams and subcontractors.
- Generate supplemental field construction documents for
superintendents, project managers, and foremen to improve field
- Perform, manage and track design change and manage BIM revision
- Review Navisworks coordination models.
- Assist project team members in the use of BIM technologies such
as Trimble layout points in the model and others.
- Participate in coordination meetings with BIM Group Manager and
provide technical expertise to project to Architect and design team
- Assist BIM Group Manager in recommending the best Virtual
Design /BIM practices and optimizing Revit model to project design
- Assist MEP Preconstruction team for Cost Estimating and
- Assist the VDC/BIM Manager for the construction review process
for completeness, trade coordination, construction methods and
- Laser scanning (a plus)
Required Job Skills
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Strong personal management and organizational skills.
- Open minded and passionate seeking out new opportunities to
- Ability to innovate and find new opportunities to push the
envelope for best VDC/BIM practices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong training and coaching skills.
- Strong problem solving skills to overcome quickly and
effectively unforeseen challenges.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated for continuous learning and improving technical
and interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism in dealing with owners and design
- Ability to use self-judgment, problem solving, and
- Demonstrate dedication and positive team attitude.
Computer Equipment and Software Skills
- Autodesk MEP Suite (NavisWorks)
- AutoCAD 3D MEP
- BIM 360 glue
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related work
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the mechanical
contracting industry with experience in BIM, design coordination
and prefabrication for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems
in commercial buildings for a mechanical and plumbing
- Understanding of mechanical design, building codes, piping
installation, and mechanical equipment and all building sub systems
and construction methods.
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational
Contact Patrick Krzyzosiak: Patrick_Krzyzosiak@rsconst.com for
information on this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA
Keywords: Rudolph & Sletten, Irvine , VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!