Company: Clark Construction Group
Posted on: May 19, 2019
There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction
industry. Simply put, it's our people. From highways to hotels and
residential housing to railways, we rely on the leadership,
talents, and drive of our employees to bring great projects to
light. Are you interested in becoming a part of our team? If so,
take the next step and start building your career with us
Clark is seeking an experienced Civil Estimator to help grow its
capabilities on both design-bid-build and design-build projects in
California and Washington. The types of projects we pursue are
government, institutional, hospital, academic, commercial and
entertainment. This key member of our team will passionately help
promote the development of creative, innovative solutions to
construction challenges and enjoy the acquisition of winning
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethical behavior
when representing the company.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other
documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for
- Develop complete and accurate estimates for Divisions 31
(Earthwork, Deep Foundations, Shoring), 32 (Exterior Improvements)
and 33 (Utilities) on a variety of project types.
- Perform portions of estimates for multi-discipline projects
including scope determinations and accurate quantity survey.
- Supervise and train other estimators in your primary area of
- Solicit subcontractor and/or vendor quotes and evaluate them
for scope and qualifications.
- Lead meetings with subcontractors to develop complete scopes
and discuss strategy.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as
required on bids.
- Assist in developing a strategy to achieve minority
- Review total estimate to ensure accuracy and completeness prior
to formal quotation.
- Monitor comparison of estimated costs to actual costs.
- Research and promote continuous improvement in developing more
efficient estimating methods.
- Examine construction sites and observe unusual or challenging
- Dedicated to winning work and take pride and ownership of final
- 7 years heavy civil estimating and cost control related
experience (utility and earthwork estimating experience
- Field experience is desirable.
- Estimating experience on public works projects in California is
- Demonstrate the ability to either lead or be a part of a team
for multiple projects and pursuits at any one given time.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management,
or related degree.
- Expert knowledge of Agtek.
- Familiar with Assemble, Sketchup and Revit.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft
Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the
ability to multi-task.
- Must be detail oriented, technically sound and have good
Drug Free Workplace/EOE
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an
equal employment opportunity ("EEO") employer. All hiring and
employment decisions are made without regard to a person's race,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status and
any other status or characteristic covered by an applicable
federal, state or local EEO law. An employer may not require or
demand as a condition of employment, prospective employment or
continued employment that an individual submit to or take a lie
detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is
guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not to exceed
Keywords: Clark Construction Group, Irvine , Civil Estimator, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!