Sr. Principal IT Architect - SAP Applications Architect
Company: MKS Instruments
Posted on: February 14, 2019
MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation , Spectra-Physics and Ophir , leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
The SAP Application Architect is a technical leadership role with a strong technical and functional expertise in areas of ABAP, PI/PO, Mobile, Fiori, UI5 and other Java flavored technologies. The architect is responsible for creating and maintains technical roadmaps for SAP and supporting systems. The architect should be capable of driving new technology initiatives and be able to bring solutions with quality, efficiency and reliability. The Architect will provide oversight and leadership to an extended technical team including onsite and offshore third party resources. The Architect is expected to be hands on for all design work and in the implementation of complex technical activities and issues.
* Leads technical projects and responsible for the deliverables set by application managers.
* Develop SAP technical solution designs related to integrations and UI5 interfaces.
* Ensure that MKS business processes and the requirements are aligned with SAP Technical solutions
* Develop strategy and road map for integrations and emerging SAP technologies.
* Maintain and enhance ESB Integrations in MKS and ensure standards and best practices are followed.
* Design, configure, develop, and troubleshoot RESTful APIs and other service based integrations.
* Partners with peers across the IT organization to solve complex business problems including taking a lead role on the high level solution options and approach
* Flexible and willing to expand beyond SAP
* The work load is split 70% on Architecture/design and 30% on operations.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with 10+ years of experience
* Excellent leadership skills with a strategic vision.
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational, time and stress management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication (verbal, written) and customer-facing skills.
* Willingness to expand knowledge and skills to other technologies and solutions
* 5+ years of SAP ABAP
* 5+ years of Java and Integration design
* 5 + years of PI/PO and handled applications integration projects utilizing XML, cXML and/or EDI.
* At least two integration projects on Ariba
* Full cycle integrations to Salesforce through PI
* Experience in Fiori /SAP UI5 and at least two full cycle implementations
* Expertise in implementing at least two mobile SAP applications.
* At least one Hybris Implementation and knowledge on Java Springs
* Familiar with SalesForce and APEX programming
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, for positions requiring access to export-controlled goods and technical data that are subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MKS Instruments. Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. Government. As such, applicants for these positions, except U.S. persons (generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals (holder of a US Passport), lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees), may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Keywords: MKS Instruments, Irvine , Sr. Principal IT Architect - SAP Applications Architect, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!