Construction Manager for Capital Improvements
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Construction Manager for Capital Improvements.
This position, also known as the Director of Construction Services provides construction project management on Capital Improvement type projects for various apartment properties. This individual implements and coordinates policies, programs, and operating procedures and standards as required to assure property assets are preserved through sound maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation procedures.
- Acts as Owners Construction Project Manager on Capital Improvement type projects for its various apartment properties
Coordinates, oversees, and monitors project activities to assure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with Employer policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develops scopes of work, prepares budgets, solicits bids and proposals from qualified contractors
- Reviews and analyses the bids and awards contracts
- Ensures budget and schedule compliance on all work
Coordinates work activities with property Staff so as to minimize disruption to the residents
- Manages the repair work associated with casualty events, fire/storm damage etc
- Inspects and signs off on all work and contractor invoices based on assigned dollar limit.
- Updates standard company reports
Ensures compliance with company standards and procedures
- Conducts periodic surveys of the properties to identify needs and prepares project estimates and budgets for the needs
- Ensures that the departments programs support the organization's strategic objectives.
- Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Are you the right person for the Job?
- Its a great place to work! Employer offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, We provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, wellness programs, paid company holidays, job training programs, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.
- Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field preferred
Keywords: Aimco, Irvine , Construction Manager for Capital Improvements, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!