Sr. Security Analyst
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Position Summary: Secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; monitoring, investigating, and resolving potential security incidents; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.Job Duties:
- Finds, investigates, correlates, and resolves potential security incidents using SIEM, UEBA, endpoint protection, and EDR tools. Should be proactive in hunting for anomalous activity within the environment and investigating such activity until final resolution.
- Designs, builds, and implements, and maintains enterprise-class security systems for a production environment.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and configuration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Maintains security by creating and monitoring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting security awareness training programs.
- Improves security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations - provided by Dice Investigate/Resolve Incidents, Plan/Implement Security Technologies
Keywords: OSTechnical, Irvine , Sr. Security Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!