Vice President of Development
Company: The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OverviewPosition overview:You may know us for our huge menu of
delicious food---and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as
one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For -"--- ten years in a
row! What you may not know is our inhouse development team
effectively executes the construction and remodels for all our
brands within a $3.3 billion public company with over 300
full-service restaurants and more than 47,500 staff members.The VP
of Development will be responsible for all aspects of restaurant
development related to our new restaurants such as: remodeling,
design, and restaurant maintenance and care. Success will be
realized through the oversight and management of project teams made
up of internal and external resources, while remaining on budget
and maintaining the highest standards. You'll also build a
strategic plan to ensure project deadlines are met and company
targets are hit.You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- A Natural People Leader: you are a leader and coach adept at
providing others with a clear direction, helping them see though
the weeds while inspiring, motivating, developing, and empowering
- Relationship Builder: you are a master at building genuine
relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an
organization. Whether they're a type A, B or Z personality, you
easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network
- A Project Planner: you elegantly use your project management
toolbox to keep your team organized and stakeholders informed.
- An Expert in Your Field: you seek to maintain a comprehensive
and strategic knowledge base of the current landscape, particularly
trends, developments, and advancements.
- Improvement Focused: you never turn off the thought "how can I
do this better/faster/ or with less." ResponsibilitiesHere's what
you'll get to do:
- Site evaluation- perform a site visit of potential locations
and complete a feasibility report. Evaluate all aspects of a site
such as configuration, visibility, structure, electric, mechanical,
plumbing, grades, parking and any special conditions that may
- Landlord Coordination - work with the landlord on all aspects
of the project such as schedule, performance of work scopes,
letters of intent and construction lease matters. Also obtain
landlord approvals for design and final plans, coordinate landlord
work and the completion dates. Negotiate work related costs and
ensure all landlord payments are received in a timely manner.
- Budget - complete a detailed budget for the project, obtain
corporate approval and adhere to that budget through project
- City Approvals - evaluate and perform all city related
activities such as planning and design reviews, building permits
and obtain final certificates of occupancy. Collaborate with
building officials through the entire building process including
fire and health officials.
- Due Diligence - Ensure all necessary due diligence is completed
in a timely manner to support project entitlements and
- Contracts - issue all contracts for development for
consultants, contractors and suppliers to ensure the company is
properly protected on cost, schedule, insurance and quality
- Design - establish, supervise and assign staff to complete the
design work for all restaurant concepts making sure the design is
aligned with the company vision.
- Construction Drawings - engage appropriate consultants to
successfully complete a set of construction drawings on time and on
budget. Review all activities to ensure company standards are being
met and the design is properly executed.
- Construction - engage the proper Contractor and collaborate
with them to properly bid and purchase all subcontractors to
successfully build the location and complete it on time and on
- Supervise construction - perform site visits to ensure the
quality of workmanship is acceptable. Resolve on-going issues with
construction including all trades such as structural, framing and
drywall, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and the specialty trades
such as signage, architectural metals, GFRG and specialty
- Project Turnover- supervise all activities to ensure a
successful turnover to operations, react to all necessary
adjustments, facility issues, punch list items and successful
closeout of all aspects of the project.
- Executive interaction- consistently interact with the CEO,
President and the legal department to decision projects forward.
QualificationsWhat we require:
- 10+ years leading a development team of at least 5 staff.
- 10+ years leadership experience within construction.
- Strong design concept development skills including effective
visual and verbal communication.
- Exceptional communication skills and the attention to detail
required to manage projects and people, both internally and
- Demonstrated previous success managing multiple large projects
with complex scopes.
- Ability to represent the company at public hearings/city
- Knowledge of lease agreement laws.
- Extensive Travel (50%).
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design or
Construction. About the CompanyRecognized as one of the FORTUNE
"100 Best Companies to Work For -", The Cheesecake Factory
Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining
restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally,
twenty-oneThe Cheesecake Factory - restaurants operate under
licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global
Iconic Brand, we employ more than 39,000 staff members, 320 of whom
work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills,
CA.#SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecakeThe Cheesecake Factory
Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal
Keywords: The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated, Irvine , Vice President of Development, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!