Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Allied Universal
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Allied Universal -, North America's leading security and facility
services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense
of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive
workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that
will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer
medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee
assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Senior Cyber Security
Analyst. -This position is responsible for providing deep expertise
in the monitoring and protection of our computing infrastructure
from security threats. To do well in this role, an individual
should have experience in large cybersecurity programs. A
Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field and
certifications in cybersecurity disciplines are highly
- Protect digital files and information systems against
unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they
- Monitor computer networks for anomalies and security
- Develop and document company-wide best practices for IT
- Plan, implement, and upgrade security measures and
- Install security controls to protect systems and information
infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity
- Remediate detected security vulnerabilities to maintain a
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to
- Stay up-to-date on cybersecurity technology trends and security
- Conduct internal and external security audits.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention
- Assist with the definition implementation and maintenance of
- Provide Security awareness training.
- Coordinate security plans/projects with outside
- Prepare reports, presentations, and security briefings for the
leadership team or other relevant groups and
- Publish white-papers, blog entries, participate in webinars,
and other similar activities to share best practices and exhibit
industry thought leadership.
- Collaborate with other groups and stakeholders within the
enterprise to ensure cybersecurity awareness and training is always
a corporate priority.
- Research the latest attack tactics techniques and procedures
(TTP's) used by threat actors.
- Collection and analysis of security metrics provided by
security tools and controls.
- Maintain and enhance the security metrics dashboard.
- Update security controls with the latest Intelligence
information provided by public and private source.
- Mentor Security Analyst I employees.
- Meet requirements to keep security certifications
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: -The requirements below are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to
explain complex technical details to individuals or groups lacking
deep technical knowledge of the topic.
- Competence in the use of common enterprise software such as
word processors, spreadsheets, project management, and presentation
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze computer
systems, assess any potential risks, and consider possible
- Ability to anticipate cyberattacks, always thinking one step
ahead of a cyberthreat.
- Ability to think and act clearly during times of
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including the OSI network
model, networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SMB/CIFS, SIP,
etc., and network routing and switching.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows - operating systems including
its security subsystems. Expertise in Active Directory is a
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and
- Ability to perform systematic troubleshooting steps to identify
root causes of problems.
- Ability to install, maintain, monitor, and update security
software on endpoints and servers.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of disparate data from log
files and other sources to identify patterns of behavior to
identify security risks, anomalies, or malicious behavior.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing fundamentals and the security
implications of the platform.
- Monitor and respond to threat alerts from multiple security
controls and the Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Familiarity with risk management practices, the CIS-20 and NIST
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as
Python, PowerShell, Java script, bash scripting, etc.
- Deep understanding of digital forensic processes and
- Familiarity with the MITRE attack lifecycle and security
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
Education and Experience Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in information security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certification in digital forensics.
- Vendor certifications from companies such as Microsoft, Cisco,
Pay: $90K base salary
Allied Universal - is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability,
protected veteran status or relationship/association with a
protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected
by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using
the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or
require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or
employment process, please contact our local Human Resources
department. To find an office near you, please visit:
Keywords: Allied Universal, Irvine , Senior Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!