Site Coordinator, Expanded Learning
Company: CATALYST FAMILY INC
Posted on: September 9, 2023
50591 30591 University Park - Irvine, CA
$22.68 - $34.02 Hourly
Site Coordinators are responsible for the overall management of
Instructor staff and programming at a designated after-school
site(s), while also being responsible for the overall supervision
of students participating in the program. The Site Coordinator
plays an integral role in maintaining open lines of communication
with their Extended Learning Manager and Director, while also
disseminating important information to Instructors. Site
Coordinators must have high energy, excellent organizational and
communication skills, and the ability to maintain a fun and
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages one to two after-school sites and oversees all staff at
their respective sites
- Spends between 40-60% of time on administrative/managerial
duties and remainder of time in the classroom with children and
- Attends all scheduled Site Coordinator meetings with Expanded
Learning Managers (ELM) and Expanded Learning Director (ELD)
- Meets and reports regularly to the Expanded Learning Manager
regarding program, site, and staff performance
- Holds weekly staff meetings with staff members at their
- Meets with the School Principal, Principal on Special
Assignment, or Appointed District representative at least once
- Develops strong relationships with school administration,
district personnel, and parents
- Assists Manager of Expanded Learning with key HR functions, in
partnership with HR Team, including interviewing, hiring and
training new staff in addition to supporting the professional
development of existing staff
- Responsible for managing interns and volunteers at site.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, managing, and requesting
- Works with ELM, ELD, and Education department to prepare and
implement program activities.
- Oversees curriculum, including enrichment specialists, vendors
to ensure the delivery of engaging, interactive educational
- Organizes program materials for lessons and activities, ensures
weekly planning forms are completed
- Conducts all purchasing for the center and ensures that
staffing levels and other expenses are managed prudently. Controls
all costs through prudent purchasing of materials and services
- Ensures compliance to program quality standards and state
- Ensures students always receive constant supervision in a safe
and supported environment.
- Collects, maintains, and ensures accuracy of all attendance
- Ensures compliance to student to staff ratios
- Undergoes and maintains all assigned health and safety,
education, and HR trainings
- Participates in professional development enrichment
opportunities to enhance student learning
- Models positive guidance and effective classroom management to
maintain the safety, well-being and attention of all children while
supporting homework completion, leading fun fitness activities, and
guiding children at play
Education and Experience:
Education: The MINIMUM formal relevant education required by the
- High School Diploma
- Must meet school districts requirements for a Paraprofessional
(based on district in which job is offeredrequirements vary
district to district).
Experience: The MINIMUM relevant experience necessary to qualify
for the position.
- Min 1-2 years of experience in ECE including at least 1 year of
experience mentoring and leading other adults or teaching
- Full managerial authority over a site or unit within a
- General guidelines and references are used with some
discretion. Projects are assigned with latitude for decision-making
and setting of priorities. Specific problems should be referred to
supervisor for clarification of policies and procedures before
proceeding. Information is clear but further investigation often is
required in order to define problems and proceed.
- Critical thinking involves the analysis of a range of facts
related to a variety of situations.
- Position provides input, as requested, on an expense and/or
revenue generation budget but has no direct responsibility.
Interaction & Collaboration
- This position works formally with other individuals among
several departments. Formal interactions and/or collaborations
outside the organization ARE necessary to meet position
- More than 50% of daily assignments involve prolonged physical
- Less than 50% of daily assignments involve exposure to
unpleasant working conditions.
- Less than 50% of daily assignments involve the potential for
accidents and/or occupational risks.
- Understanding of behavior management and effective resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional interpersonal and partnering
- Ability to keep track of all curriculum and binders at
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Provides effective customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be flexible, team oriented, child focused, and wanting to
make a difference in childrens lives.
- If assigned more than one site, available to travel between
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements; Fingerprint LIVE
SCAN, CPR/FA, Medical Certificate/TB test, Mandated Reporter
- Career Development and Training
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Discounts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
Keywords: CATALYST FAMILY INC, Irvine , Site Coordinator, Expanded Learning, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!