Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: September 9, 2023
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells,
owns, and uses cars with industry-leading digital marketing,
software, financial, wholesale and e commerce solutions for
consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive
About the Job
You will lead the architecture for Consumer Brand and Dealer
Platform team, which consists of mission critical applications for
the Website Platform. You will collaborate with architects,
engineering, product, and agile leaders to establish and scale
Consumer Brand and Dealer Platform capabilities with a common
technological and architectural vision delivered in the AWS cloud.
You will drive the definition of architectural styles and patterns
necessary to deliver the functional and non-functional
requirements, validate solutions, identify risks and dependencies,
and evaluate alternatives through hands-on research, discovery, and
prototyping. You will support solution development through
providing, communicating, and evolving the greater technological
and architectural view of the solution. You will frame solution
alternatives in both technology and business terms, ensuring that
product and business decisions are not made in isolation of their
technical implications, and vice versa.
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards,
policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology
decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to
architectural standards and consistency across organizational and
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of
technology infrastructure problems.
- Mentors engineers on business knowledge, technology, and career
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward,
providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other's
successes and challenges.
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and
platform initiatives and collaborates with project teams to realize
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations,
technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high
level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce
products that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies,
practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other
Technology Monitoring & Evaluation
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current
technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal
applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Recommends improvements to technology and processes that
increase the effectiveness of the team.
- Creates proof of concepts to determine the viability of new or
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of
hardware and software technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field
or equivalent combination of industry related professional
experience and education.
- 10+ years of experience in full development life cycle and
significant experience in delivering applications and architecture
services in a production environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation of structured
design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
- Software development background in modern server-side computing
stacks with Java/Spring Boot preferred
- Software development background in modern browser environments
with React based single page app patterns preferred
- Strong background with AWS Services and offerings with a focus
on Serverless patterns
- Strong background in API design patterns including RESTful
APIs, GraphQL, messaging-based APIs and other architectural
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of
consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and
cloud computing platforms is strongly desired
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes,
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and
interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate
architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization
USD 116 600.00 per year
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their
passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the
way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the
industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue
Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis
on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and
join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing
so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations
across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare,
our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox
Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to
make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k , and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox
provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified
applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations
would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Irvine , Lead Architect, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!