Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Garden Communities Family of Properties is a leading
multi-family housing owner/builder in the Southwest. We serve our
residents by providing quality rental housing with superior
amenities in top urban locations throughout San Diego, Orange
County, Los Angeles and Arizona areas. We serve our employees by
being focused on a work/life balance to create a positive and fun
We are currently seeking leasing consultants in the San Diego area
with 2+ years' of experience in the customer service industry. The
qualified candidate will exhibit a professional business image, be
an effective communicator and demonstrate good business judgment
and discretion. The qualified candidate will also be detail
oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
-organized, professional, and customer service focused. This
position requires flexibility and ability to handle a fast-paced
business environment. GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Greets and presents property to prospective residents through
personal tours. Gathers prospective residents' information and
needs on guest card, qualifies prospect based on needs. Conducts
follow-up with prospects in accordance with company policies and
- Answers incoming telephone calls, performs leasing information
calls, and assists current residents with service requests in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Completes paperwork associated with leasing activity and
obtains completed application and income verification form on all
sales. Process application in accordance with company policies and
- Prepares move-in packet and schedules move-in. Prepares leases
and associated addendums and forms in accordance with company
policies and procedures. Obtains unit keys.
- When requested, conducts resident move-ins and establishes
appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents with new
- Performs necessary resident retention activity including
contacting current residents to obtain lease renewals and preparing
several leases for resident signature.
- On a daily basis, document telephone and walk-in traffic on
appropriate forms. Provide traffic, rental, cancellation, transfer
and lease renewal information for weekly status report. Document
and provide Property Manager and information on advertising
effectiveness and make recommendations for changes.
- Gather market information monthly. Prepare reports identifying
completion rental rates, concessions, promotions and property
changes. Note development/changes in market area which may impact
the community. Share information with on-site staff as well as with
Leasing Manager and Property Manager.
- Daily open and inspect models and ready vacant units to ensure
presentable in accordance with established standards. Ensure
leasing center is open and ready for business on-time each day.
Maintain office in a professional manner in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- As directed, assist in maintaining budget books.
- Assist vendors with obtaining keys to units and specific
- Demonstrate the ability to handle resident complains in a
professional, fair and consistent manner in accordance with company
policies and procedures. Direct residents to Property Manager when
- Gathers market information weekly and prepares reports
identifying competition rental rates, concessions, promotions and
property changes, observing development and changes in market area
which may impact the community. Shares all marketing information
with on-site staff, Leasing Manager, Assistant Property Manager,
and Property Manager.
- Performs steps necessary to lease a Corporate Apartment
including preparing and pricing of amenity packages.
- Conducts off-site marketing to obtain new business.
- To know and adhere to all Federal, State, and Local laws, as
well as policies and procedures issued by company.
- Projects a professional image in accordance with company dress
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness,
integrity and exercises confidentiality in all areas of his or her
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 2+ years of property management and or customer
service in a related field
- Experience in 500+ unit properties is desirable
- New Construction and Lease Up / Sales experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi and On-Site
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including
- Solid business logic and ability to analyze and prioritize
- Follows instructions, performs duties with minimal supervision
and is a team player
- Works effectively with owner, managers and colleagues. Positive
and professional attitude at all times
- This position is required to work weekends.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 6 months to 1 year of related customer
service experience. TECHNICAL SKILLS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word
processing software and spreadsheet software. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, open doors. COMMUNICATION:
Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in a professional
manner on a regular basis with prospective residents, current
residents, staff, management, and co-workers within the company as
well as with outside vendors. Can be part of a team. Follows
instructions and responds to management's discretion. Takes
constructive criticism and uses it as a learning tool. ATTENDANCE
AND PUNCTUALITY: Is consistently at work and on time. Regularly
required to work weekends. TRAVEL: Travel may be required within
the Southern California Region. Garden Communities offers a
comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary and bonus
potential designed to recognize and reward employees with superior
performance at the individual, team, and company levels. Pay range:
$20-$33 - Garden Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans and Disabled.
Keywords: Gardencommunitiesca, Irvine , Leasing Consultant, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...