Senior Analyst, Logistics Planning Full Time - Irvine- Headquarters - Irvine, CA, 92614 chevro[...]
Company: Glovis America, Inc.
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Job Location: Irvine-- Headquarters - Irvine, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: 1st
Job Category: Logistics
DescriptionAbout Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider
headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are
committed to delivering our customer's products via truck, rail, or
ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis
America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality
service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight
forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We
cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers' needs by
utilizing the latest information systems and advanced
The Senior Analyst, Logistics Planning position will support all
functions within the Logistics Planning department with an emphasis
on data collection and analysis for operational planning purposes.
This person will develop and maintain various reports, forecasts,
presentations and provide general administrative support.
Additional duties include liaison between internal and external
customers in support of day to day operations.
- Analysis and planning support
- Maintain existing reports, spreadsheets and operational
planning documentation and aid in further development. Develop new
reports, forecasts, presentations and other planning documentation
- Access various information systems to gather relevant
- Follow established methods for updating and maintaining daily,
weekly, and monthly reports.
- Analyze data and look for irregularities needing further
research and/or clarification.
- Research and identify source/reason for irregularity and
communicate to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- If data integrity issues are identified, notify IT department
and/or other relevant personnel and follow-up to
- Lead and/or assist in development of new reporting processes as
- Multi-departmental liaison and customer
- Communicate with various departments to gather input and/or
plan validation from department leaders and on-ground personnel.
Communicate with customers for operational planning purposes and to
relay subsequent performance tracking data as necessary.
- Obtain and utilize data from customers for purposes of
operational planning in support of wholesale/business
- Submit planning documentation to Port Managers and/or other
relevant parties for review and request feedback.
- Communicate relevant information to management and/or customers
for further analysis and review.
- Distribute reports and planning documentation to all relevant
parties upon completion.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, track deliverables and report
back to management as needed.
- Trend analysis and performance tracking
- Research historical data and obtain past performance measures
to aid in forecasting projections and future performance analysis.
Track current targets vs actual results to establish changing
trends, record projection accuracy and modify plans if
- Access past reports and gather data from various information
systems in order to research historical trends and
- Regularly track planned objectives vs actual performance and
report finding to relevant parties.
- Identify and establish current trends and reconcile against
projections. Readjust planning documentation as necessary based on
- Develop reporting tools to track forecasting and planning
results and identify anomalies.
- Project development/tracking and general administrative
- Gather pertinent information regarding future/upcoming projects
and assist in developing relevant reporting methods.
- Run ad hoc reports, amend or update forecasts, and prepare
presentations as necessary.
- Answer phones, respond to emails, assist with filing and
provide general administrative support as needed.
- May be asked to take lead role in development of new projects.
Gather pertinent information regarding future/upcoming projects and
assist in developing relevant reporting methods.
- Other duties as assigned
$55,000- $63,000 Annually
Benefits of working at Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D as well as Short and Long Term
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick leave
- Pet Insurance
- Hospital and Critical Illness Insurance
- Wellness Program and Gym Reimbursement*
- 401(k) with Generous Matching
- Referral Bonuses*
- Auto Allowance*
- Quarterly Employee Lunches, Summer Refreshments, and Monthly
Team Building Activities*
- Discretionary Bonuses*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
*Benefits may vary by location. All benefits pursuant to Company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills, in order to engage with Vendors,
Dealers, Headquarters, and customers
- Advanced PC skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Database
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree Required, Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Three (3) Years of Experience in Automotive and Supply Chain
- Ability to sit in front of a desk and/or in front of the
computer for long periods
- Repetitive use of hand/grasping product, writing, and
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Working and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment with low-level noise
- Communication with employees and field partners will be
primarily conducted via phone and email.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not
intended to be a complete list of all job duties performed by
persons in the position. Glovis America reserves the right to
revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the company and
requirements of the job change.
Keywords: Glovis America, Inc., Irvine , Senior Analyst, Logistics Planning Full Time - Irvine- Headquarters - Irvine, CA, 92614 chevro[...], Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...