Manufacturing Technician I (PAB)
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Manufacturing Technician I (PAB)
Job ID: 2022-21744
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
- This position is a Manufacturing Technician that operates the
area equipment and performs autonomous maintenance activities.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Operate all assigned equipment.
- Perform and oversee the standard work according to department
- Work with the Mfg Lead and management to establish, implement,
maintain, and enhance the standard work in the area
- Conduct training for operators on standard work and
trouble-shooting techniques, and evaluate the effectiveness of
- Recommend changes to operating procedures in order to improved
quality and efficiency.
- Follow and ensure adherence to cGMP's.
- Contribute and participate in continuous improvement programs
including LPMS, 5S, KATA, and Kaizen events.
- Participate in the daily shift startup meeting.
- Troubleshoot and resolve line stoppages
- Perform preventive maintenance
- During machine downtime, assist mechanic and/or engineers on
- Perform visual and functional tests on the product.
- Monitor production quality and take action according to the
standard work / SOP.
- Perform equipment setup and adjustment
- Perform line clearance per SOP
- Complete appropriate documentation including batch records, log
books, PM and DM as required, following good documentation
- Perform cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of designated
- Maintain work area to the 5S standard.
- Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate
job related information in English.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and
Excel, and the ability to send/receive email.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, cGMP's, and OSHA
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- AA degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical
school or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the
pharmaceutical/medical device industry or highly automated
manufacturing plant. Desired:
- 3 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment with
automated production assembly. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. . . Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Perform related duties in other areas as needed. The preceding
functions have been provided as examples of the types of work
performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must frequently lift or carry up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift or carry 50 - 100 pounds with assistance.
- Exertion of 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25
to 50 pounds of force frequency, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
(ear protection required).
- Highly automated mechanical equipment (safety glasses and
safety shoes required). Personal Protective Equipment will be
required. The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Irvine , Manufacturing Technician I (PAB), Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!