Company: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Location : IRVINE, CA, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing and Production
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 1, 2023
Job ID : 37988
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is an $11 billion,
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker
Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion
and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50
countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual
dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years,
among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the
S&P 500 index.
Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies
uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's
greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers,
Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new
ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges. -
Essential Functions -
Advocate and support the Corporate WIN Strategy to ensure a safe
work environment, drive quality improvements, provide premier
customer service, develop a qualified workforce, reduce operating
costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly,
and annual expectations. Manage and execute the transition plan of
commercial product to the Ogden facility.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
This position is a production supervisor with project management
responsibility. This will be a rotational assignment for up to 18
months. This person will lead the transition of commercial products
from the Irvine location to the Ogden location and will have
supervisory responsibility of up to 50 employees. Supervisory
responsibility includes, but is not limited to training and
developing subordinates, delegating work assignments, writing and
conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling
employees, and administering disciplinary procedures. Will interact
with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, and
outside contacts. -
- Supervise and direct work activity for assigned Value Stream
Team. Distribute workload appropriately. Motivate and empower
subordinates. Develop subordinates including, but not limited to,
constructing and executing development plans.
- Manage the project including the planning and execution of the
transition of parts from the Irvine location to the Ogden location.
Develop a team member transfer plan to ensure we retain key talent
from the commercial side to military or other key area.
- Participate in shop floor planning and plan execution as floor
plan is reorganized for increased military business.
- Monitor production reporting to control inventory systems.
- Monitor production costs and ensure delivery performance by
performing capacity analysis using build plans, determining
staffing requirements, ensuring that departmental productivity
targets are met to meet customer requirements, and troubleshooting
schedule and material issues.
- Participate in new product launches with Engineering.
- Maintain the Team Improvement Boards (TIB). Both of these centers
- the TIB and Site Tracking Center - are the minimum requirements
in a visually controlled environment that ensures no problems
- Ensure quality standards are met. Champion Lean Kaizen events
that emphasize and focus on improving manufacturing capability and
reducing rework and scrap. Contain source of quality issues.
Communicate with customers and establish and maintain effective
- Promote and enforce compliance of safety policies and procedures.
- Administer and ensure compliance of company policies. Investigate
and document employee-related issues. Counsel employees and issue
- Ability to work on and solve a variety of problems of diverse
scope and complexity in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate
alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities to effectively work
with people in a team environment and at various levels of the
- 2-3 years of previous leadership experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. -
- Proficient in computer skills and must possess strong analytical
skills with the ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills. -
- The incumbent must have ability to establish goals and objectives
to complete projects, ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering and 3-5 years of
experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. -
- Prior Program or Project Management experience preferred
- Sufficient experience in Accounting, PC skills, Manufacturing,
Human Resources Management, and Inventory Control preferred.
- Experience with LEAN teams or leading LEAN teams is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity -
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and
employment.Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race,
ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. U.S.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Keywords: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP, Irvine , Production Manager, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!