Maintenance Mechanic I
Company: Western Milling
Posted on: January 22, 2023
OverviewThis position is a maintenance crew member responsible
for maintenance and repair of plant equipment at an industrial feed
milling plant, which includes areas of expertise in electrical,
welding and instrumentation. - Primary goal is to assure safe and
efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely
manner. Emphasis will be preventive maintenance and welding.
- Performs maintenance in all areas of the plant on a scheduled
or emergency basis:
- Mechanical repairs on pumps, valves, and heat exchangers
- Building repairs and cleaning
- Moves, sets, calibrates, as needed, controls such as knobs,
valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to
control process variables such as flows, temperatures, pressures,
vacuum, time, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote
control of processing units, such as heaters, coolers, compressors,
exchangers, and other units.
- Determines malfunctioning units by observing control
instruments, such as meters and gauges or by automatic warning
signals, such as lights and sounding of horns.
- Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of
malfunction such as leaks, breakages and faulty valves.
- Communicates directly with production to coordinate maintenance
and repair work.
- Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested
by the supervisor.
- Works with contractors to plan and implement installation of
new equipment or systems.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal
regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and works
in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance
- A high school diploma is required
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in
electrical or instrumentation maintenance and repairSkills
- Understanding of plant operational processes and procedures,
including routine and emergency start-up and shutdown
- Familiarity with industrial equipment operations and care
- Mechanical experience
- Basic electrical experience
- Pneumatic experience
- Hydraulic experience
- Welding experience preferred
- Basic PC/PLC experience preferred
- Forklift experience
- Manlift experience
- Knowledgeable of PPEs and Fall Protection
- Knowledgeable in Lockout Blockout (Machine Specific)
- Proficiency with basic computer software preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization and the
ability to work in a diverse group
- Ability to write detailed repair reports and must good verbal
communication skillsPhysical Requirments
- Must be able to perform job duties while wearing a
- Must be able to lift and work overhead, to stoop and to
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs on a regular
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee will be regularly exposed to very dusty and noisy
- The employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the
processNote: - Valid Drivers License required for insurance
purposes. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the
duties of this position at any time.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. - They are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
requirements, which may change from time to time based on business
needs. - When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Keywords: Western Milling, Irvine , Maintenance Mechanic I, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!