Environmental Services Technician Shift III
Company: eTeam Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- The Environmental Services Technician I, II, III and/or Lead
contributes to the effective operations of the Environmental
Services department by daily cleaning and supplying of patient
rooms, treatment rooms, restrooms, utility rooms, nurseries,
nursing stations, lounges, offices, waiting areas, and other areas
as assigned in accordance with standard policies and
- Uses applicable cleaning equipment, products, and supplies in
performance of job responsibilities. Removes trash and linen from
- Projects an image of professionalism in both verbal and
non-verbal communication, appearance and conduct.
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard
- This knowledge may include the use of specialized equipment,
Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Demonstrates outstanding
customer service and owns successful patient/customer interactions
while providing safe and high quality cleaning standards including
recognizing, comprehending, and following the meaning of designated
signs, symbols, and written instructions as trained. Environmental
Services Technician I (EVS I) The Environmental Services Technician
I performs a variety of general daily cleaning tasks to maintain
patient care areas which includes isolation rooms, discharges,
offices, corridors, bathrooms, public areas, collecting regular
trash, regulated medical waste, soiled linens, vacuuming and other
assigned areas of the facility (discharges not to exceed more than
75% of daily shift time). Environmental Services Technician II (EVS
II) In addition to the above, the Environmental Services Technician
II performs high level time sensitive disinfectant cleaning tasks
to maintain critical patient areas, (i.e., discharges, isolation
rooms, terminal cleaning of operative invasive areas, emergency
department), and includes a variety of specialty floor care, carpet
care tasks and special projects, (i.e., stripping/refinishing
floors, extracting/terminal disinfecting carpet and upholstery,
special projects). High level time sensitive tasks assigned over
75% of daily shift time. Environmental Services Lead In addition to
the above, the Environmental Services Lead has responsibility for
directing EVS staff during the absence of the supervisor or as
delegated by the Supervisor. All levels may be assigned other
duties as necessary.
- Effectively cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and departments
utilizing the proper cleaning methods,equipment and chemicals.
Includes cleaning of bathrooms, walls, windows, doors, floors and
- Empties trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transports
soiled linens according to department standards. Cleans and
maintains trash chute room floors/walls/vents.
- Assists with distribution and storage of supplies.
- Environmental Services I / II / Lead Page 2 of 5
- Safely and securely handles and transports medical waste;
ensures medical waste storage areas aresecured at all
- Recognizes, comprehends and follows the meaning/direction of,
designated signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Cleans and organizes janitor closet per department and
regulatory standards; ensures janitor closet islocked and secured
at all times.
- Uses chemicals in a safe manner; uses dispensers correctly to
fill labeled bottles and containers withcorrect chemicals at all
times as trained.
- Adheres to health and safety standards.
- Participates in the training of new employees and offers
guidance, assistance and direction to less experienced
Lead Essential Functions:
- Appropriately directs and coaches personnel as needed; assists
in evaluating personnel; participates in development of and ensures
completion of competency testing for assigned staff.
- Assists in monitoring Time and Attendance.
- Periodically supervises completion of discharges.
- Ensures compliance with quality control and performs area
inspections as assigned.
- Accurately performs computer functions; provides statistical
and financial data as requested.
- Participates in reviewing, revising, and developing policies
and procedures for the department.
- People, Models and fully supports the client Experience as
aligned with client s Mission, Vision, and Values, in all
- Apply excellent communication and teamwork skills to maintain
successful working relationships with team members and various
groups throughout the organization. Listen effectively. Builds
appropriate rapport. Use diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrate ingenuity, self-reliance and resourcefulness. Able
to take needed action without direct instructions.
- For team leaders, establish clear responsibilities and
expectations for employees, hold employees accountable and provide
proper coaching and developing, promote cooperation with other work
units,ensure team members are treated fairly, encourage teamwork
- Financial Stewardship
- Manage individual scope of work including assigned tasks and
activities in a timely manner and within budget.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and, when appropriate,
develop and implement effective solutions.
- Use departmental and Organization resources
- Maintain attendance according to hospital policy and
- Record time and attendance accurately and timely.
- Quality and Service
- Provide quality service and support to patients and/or client
groups. Demonstrate a positive image and perform responsibilities
in a professional manner. Ensure that all information and services
provided are accurate, meet the clients needs, and are available in
a timely manner.
- Adheres to all patient care and department standards, policies
and procedures, and meet regulatory requirements on a continued
- Job Behavioral Competencies
- Environmental Services I / II / Lead
- For team leaders, establish clear objectives and
measure/monitor progress and results related to
department/organization goals and initiatives. Utilize industry
standards and benchmarks to measure quality and increase customer
Keywords: eTeam Inc., Irvine , Environmental Services Technician Shift III, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!