Maintenance Planner I
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: November 22, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Maintenance Planner I
Job ID: 2022-21732
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
About B. BraunB. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -.Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary:To effectively coordinate the business process for
planned maintenance activities with production and scheduling
personnel to ensure minimal down time of machines, and to support
machine maintenance and reliability initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the execution of all
planned work orders for machine maintenance activities. Meets
routinely with Production, Scheduling, and Team Lead maintenance
personnel to ensure maximum equipment up-time while utilizing the
available equipment, tools, materials, and manpower.
- Coordinates all planned work orders for machine maintenance
using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS),
- Reviews planned work orders to identify job scope,
tasks/activities and time required; to estimate costs, labor and
material; to determine/commit personnel by skills, qualifications
and certifications; to incorporate previous job data, drawings,
sketches and documentation from applicable maintenance/engineering
manuals; to determine/commit/requisition materials from stores or
suppliers, and equipment and tools.
- Creates, updates and maintains BOMs for materials and equipment
in the CMMS.
- Creates, updates and maintains job plans/task lists for all
planned maintenance activities in the CMMS.
- Works with maintenance coordinator to distribute detailed
planned work order information to Maintenance supervisors and lead
maintenance personnel to ensure efficient, effective and reliable
results in our machine maintenance program.
- Compiles and maintains planned work order information using the
- Ensures maintenance documentation complies with quality and GMP
- Provides training and support for the CMMS.
- Provides training and support for maintenance and reliability
business processes.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of and experience with maintenance work to be
- Good communication skills.
- Sketching or drafting skills.
- Attention to details.
- Logical approach to problem-solving and assignment of
- Interest in keeping things organized.
- Strong computer system skills, such as with Word and Excel, and
including use of the CMMS.
- Good math skills and able to use a calculator.
Expertise: Qualifications -
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3-5 years machine maintenance experience.
- 1-2 years CMMS Experience
- Must be able to organize work and meet deadlines.
Initiate/schedule meetings with Production Scheduling managers and
effectively communicate and schedule the workload. The ability to
carry out assignments where experience and judgment are required to
understand the purpose of the assignment.Desired:
- Maintenance experience in a component manufacturing and/or
injection molding environment.
- Prior maintenance planning experience.
- Trained in Maintenance Reliability Leadership principles.
- SAP experience.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 pounds...
Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Maintenance Planner I, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!