Posted on: November 22, 2022
**Working Conditions:Will be required to travel to project sites
with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90%
of the time.Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to
adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.
Job Description:Responsible for all aspects of construction on
projects including; Vendor selection, on-site management,
coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer
representatives. Represent as the expert on construction issues
relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or
DAS and small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public
right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside &
outside plant construction methods. Oversight for DAS and small
cell projects will include activities related to above and
below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node
construction and related utility make-ready. Ensure all assigned
projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline
and budget of customer. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance
with policies and procedures in support of objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or
Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing
customers to award service work
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid
walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and
construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors
when doing ground work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and
ensure we receive competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold
Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District
and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of
issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and
make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the
project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with construction
standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects
and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely
manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking
system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative
while at the site ensuring compliance with safety program and
related workmanship practices.
Education/Certifications:High School degreeA valid driver's license
Experience/Minimum Requirements:Minimum 3 years of
telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial &
underground) for SCS.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing
RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM)
testing for SCS.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
Other Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of budget development and
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory
and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical
paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving
approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management
Keywords: Broadstaff, Irvine , Construction Manager, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!