Public Safety Dispatcher
Company: City of Irvine, CA
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Dispatcher salary is commensurate with experience. Entry-level
Dispatchers will start at $27.00 per hour.
Make a difference in your community as a Public Safety Dispatcher
and join a first-class department who embodies integrity, quality
service, accountability and respect.Public Safety Dispatchers are
the primary link between the public and police officers receiving
9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency calls.
* Evaluate incoming calls to determine the appropriate action.
* Receive and dispatch calls for the Animal Services Operation.
* Find additional information in thePublic Safety Dispatcher job
* The position is required to work a "3/12 schedule" (three 12-hour
shifts) per week. This includes working the graveyard shift.
* Structured work environment with pre-scheduled meals and rest
* Official uniforms must be worn.
* Chain of command oriented.
* Typing Ability: Net speed of 40 wpm
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior public safety dispatch experience preferred, or any
combination of education and experience that provides equivalent
knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Successful completion of City of Irvine/POST certified dispatch
training program is required after hire.
* Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Team-oriented individuals.
* Ability to work alternating schedules.*
* Ability to remain calm and focused in high stress
* Desire to make a difference by helping others.
* Public Safety Dispatchers are required to work holidays and
weekends, as well as evening, night, and early morning shifts.
Dispatchers work 12-hour shifts. One week you will work three
12-hour shifts; the next week you will work three 12-hour shifts
and one 8-hour shift.
All applicants must be able to pass the Public Safety background
check process.This includes, but is not limited to, the review of:
legal documents, police and driving records, credit profile, motor
vehicle insurance, vehicle operation, prior employment records, and
performance reviews. Information about the public safety background
process may be found at our Police Department Employment page.
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live,
according toMoney Magazine. The City of Irvine has the distinction
of being one of the safest cities in the United States with a
population of more than 100,000, based upon FBI statistics on
ThePublic Safety Department is a full-service public safety agency
that provides several special program areas includingEmergency
Management, Crime Prevention, DARE, School Resource Officer, K-9s,
Traffic Enforcement, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, General
Investigation, Crime Scene Investigation, Special Investigation
(vice & narcotics), and the Special Weapons and Tactics Team
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a
background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may
establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar
and/or lower classifications within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least
two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process
if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
Keywords: City of Irvine, CA, Irvine , Public Safety Dispatcher, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!