Land Acquisition Analyst
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: September 18, 2022
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include but are not
limited to the following):
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and analyzing information
to complete the research and financial analysis of land under
consideration for purchase to develop residential communities.
- The Analyst is also responsible for preparing the information
into detailed accurate reports.
- Prepare Economic Base Analysis.
- Provide Key Economic Indicator analysis.
- Prepare assigned sections of corporate approval package.
- Coordinate with Engineers to provide updated land map.
- Utilize research tools such as Metrostudy to assist in land and
- Assist Vice President and the Director of Land Acquisitions in
daily land research responsibilities;visit competing communities
sales center to procure pricing, Site plans, and other key
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate Marketing, Finance, Construction
Management, Planning, or Civil Engineering.
- 3-5 years of related experience; strong understanding of
acquisitions and/or development.
- Local real estate knowledge extremely beneficial.
- Supporting familiarity required in reimbursement agreements,
purchase and sales contracts, entitlement issues, engineering and
planning, and zoning issues.
- Strong management capabilities with experience in managing
people, department operations, budget preparation and pro-forma
management, and a track record of managing and growing a strong
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced
skills in Excel (running proformas, pipeline reports, and
- Ability to create and implement work plans, prepare and analyze
financial statements/documents, compose letters and acquisition
packages (strong writing skills)INTERPERSONAL/COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Regular interaction and coordination with internal financial
and executive management as well as extensive contact with external
executives, decision makers, and government agency personnel,
engineers, land planners and contractors regarding acquisition,
development and sales.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a primary
function, the position requires:ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to influence
others and resolve problems in a positive manner.
- Ability to handle stress of dealing with public and
governmental agencies and adapt/adjust to changing
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment and
provide mentoring to less experienced individuals in
- Sound judgment with high level of integrity to execute
decisions with significant corporate impact, and ability and
experience to balance company's business needs with its risk
tolerance in a changing financial marketplace
- Self-starter, proactive and creative, takes initiative to
- Accurate; with keen attention to detailOVERVIEWAre you looking
for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the
place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we
believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR - Partner of
The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting
the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We
are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their
careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps
people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes
built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are
self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing
new and innovative ideas.When joining Meritage Homes, you and your
career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an
integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Irvine , Land Acquisition Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!