Material Handler I
Company: Horiba Instruments
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides
an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications
ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental
monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor
manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D
and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance
have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.Inspired
by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social
responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for
scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety,
and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over
the world, look forward to working with additional creative and
entrepreneurial self-starters.HORIBA Medical equips more than
30,000 laboratories throughout the world and produces nearly 7,500
analyzers per year and over 10,000 tons of reagents. We also
benefit from all the technologies patented by the HORIBA Group and
from synergies between the Group's 13 research centers worldwide.We
are seeking a qualified individual to join our warehouse team at
our corporate office in Irvine, CA. This individual will perform
shipping, receiving and material control functions in support of
our Medical segment. The ideal candidate will possess general
knowledge of warehousing, shipping and receiving, as well as
scheduling, processing and tracking work orders in a computerized
manufacturing environment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. SKILLS AND
- Pick, pack, and palletize Hematology Reagents for
- Pick, pack, and palletize spare parts along with analyzers for
- Forklift operation for the unloading and staging of incoming
- Coordinate LTL pick-ups of palletized reagent shipments.
Includes completing all necessary documents.
- Coordinate the pick-up of analyzer shipments. Includes
completing all necessary documents.
- Packages, stores and preserves material (including cycle
- Verifies accuracy of products and shipping documentation when
- Pick up mail from designated areas and performs standard
shipping duties within regulatory guidelines (e.g., hazardous
material, Electro-static discharge packaging, etc.) and utilizing
FedEx/UPS, as applicable.
- Performs SAP inventory control.
- Maintain forklift safety logs. DESIRED QUALFICATIONS:
- Must be an organized worker with accurate pulling skills.
- Knowledge of LTL shipments, the use of a routing guide, and
bill of lading creation.
- Forklift driving experience is a must. Certification can be
done on site.
- Federal Express / UPS shipping experience preferred.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to provide all necessary parts to the manufacturing
department to eliminate production delays.
- Ability to conduct accurate cycle counts and to maintain
accurate inventory control records.
- Ability to efficiently package, ship and/or receive domestic
and international shipments.Compensation Package: HORIBA
Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes
a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and
disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical
insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental
life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions;
employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick
time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and
commuter benefit programs. If you are an individual with a
disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring
process, please email email@example.com or call (800) 446-7422
Ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable
accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with
disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process.
HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for
individuals with disabilities. EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran
Keywords: Horiba Instruments, Irvine , Material Handler I, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!