Company: La Jolla Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company IntroductionThe La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in
the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high
energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent
brands such as O'Neill, Spiritual Gangster, PSD Underwear and Hang
Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a
creator of innovative products, and a master of operational
excellence.Currently our team is working a hybrid schedule, so we
enjoy connecting with each other virtually and in office. We offer
awesome discounts on our clothing brands, early release Fridays
(2:00pm), occasional employer provided lunches, year-round fun
events as well as a full benefits package! We believe our employees
are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on
SummaryThe Sourcing Specialist will be responsible to support and
maintain the Sourcing plan for short-, mid- and long-term basis in
accordance with global sourcing strategy. They will support
management of factory relationships, monitor capabilities and
ensure delivery of quality products in a timely, consistent manner.
Ideal candidates must have strong analytical skills, the ability to
analyze and report data, and work with complex excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain the sourcing strategies and supplier business plan to
support LJG's current and future growth.
- Support in executing the vendor strategy to ensure growth,
quality, and on-time delivery.
- Create SWOT analysis to be used as part of sourcing strategy
- Assist the Sourcing team best-in-class sourcing strategies that
optimize processes and leverages global efficiencies in trade, raw
materials, and other assets
- Support to strategize and validate the vendor's capabilities
and capacity for each season.
- Partner with product team on the seasonal allocation to align
the sourcing strategy plan.
- Ensure the On-boarding documents are sent to new and existing
venders, signed, and filed in Sourcing Archive - in PLM.
- Coordinate with QA /Compliance team on factory audits and
support CAPs improvements follow up.
- Maintain vendor performance / scorecard which should highlight
areas of strength and/or improvement to maintain/increase the
opportunity of growth.
- Analyze and manage risk and production capacity challenges
within seasonal buys
- Assist in gathering/providing information on macro market
trends such as costing, raw material availability, labor wage
trends, factory capacities and foreign countries trade policies and
- Build strong relationships vendors and cross-functional teams
to help foster an environment of partnership and trust
- Improve vendor reliability through the management of vendor
- Ensure procedures and processes are executed to meet top-end
goals and objectives.
- Work with teams (both direct and cross functional) to execute
projects in a timely and effective manner
- Support Negotiates prices and determines appropriate order
placement based on factory capabilities, quality, and
- Understands duty-free programs and documentation, compliance
- Ensures factories are capable of producing quality garments and
can meet our requirements.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute
to the overall success of the
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Applications (i.e., Excel,
- Advanced use working with Microsoft Excel: pivot tables,
- Proficient in PLM and Full Circle or equivalent ERP
- Proficient in Business Objects (or similar reporting tool)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and report
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with
cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Deadline-driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
including strong presentation skills
- Excellent multi-tasker, able to manage multiple projects/
- Strong and collaborative communication skills, response
appropriately in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Able to unify ideas and present to individuals and
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of work experience in sourcing, production in
- Working knowledge of apparel sourcing, product development,
garment construction, manufacturing processes, costing and
RequirementsSeeing: Must be able to see well enough to read
reports.Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
with customers, vendors and employees.Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling:
Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up
products.Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10
pounds.Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as
a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
employer. LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: La Jolla Group, Irvine , Sourcing Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!