Supervisor II, Maintenance (E3)
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® . Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit . Responsibilities
Position Summary: Responsible for the maintenance and reliability
activities of several pieces of equipment in order to meet the
expected line efficiencies. This includes identifying the required
spare parts, assess the robustness of the preventive maintenance
program and assure its on time compliance. Also provide the
mechanic technicians with the necessary trainings and tools to
perform their duties. Works together with Manufacturing,
Maintenance Planning and others to meet the departmental goals.
Assuring compliance with all Quality, EHS and Training
requirements. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Engineering Manager,
supervises manufacturing maintenance area to ensure timely and
efficient maintenance of production and/or facility equipment.
- Responsibilities include establishing and monitoring
performance of preventative maintenance programs and personnel for
improvement of production line performance along with scheduling
and planning of line maintenance and cost reduction
- Responsible for personnel actions including (but not limited
to) hiring, performance management and termination.
- Establishes and monitors departmental metrics. The job function
listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Provides direct or supervision to a group of employees,
assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance
management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
- Experience with PLCs.
- Able to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience with automated equipment such as pick and place
robots, palletizers and others. Preferred Requirements:
- Mechanical or Electrical, Controls Engineering degree
- Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience with fully automated production line preferred.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- 04-06 years related experience required. Desired:
- N/A While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: N/A Activities:
- Occasionally: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently: Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly: N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly: N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Warehouse environment
- Constantly: N/A What We Offer B. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Supervisor II, Maintenance (E3), Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!