Posted on: June 24, 2022
The OpportunityThe Valuation Analyst will be assigned a
portfolio of loans and collateral and will be expected to prepare
market, risk and valuation analyses based upon different client's
requirements.What It Takes To Be Successful In This Role
- Analyze loan and real estate collateral data including loan
documents, third-party reports and current market data and prepare
written reports that include current valuations and related
- Assist in the preparation of collateral valuations and
reporting assignments, with responsibility for completing such
assignments being increased over tenure in the position.
- Perform local and National real estate market analyses on a
wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and
relevant valuation approaches.
- Independently gather data pertinent to an engagement through
direct client interaction, including personal and telephone
interviews with market participants including brokers, appraisers,
investors, real estate developers and asset managers.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and report market data through
internal and external data sources, and understand research related
databases and software programs.
- Closely monitor the local and regional commercial real estate
markets and reporting on any pertinent news or trends.
- Conduct property-level due diligence and/or inspect properties
as part of the valuation process.
- Estimate the market value of collateral/security for real
estate loans in accordance with internal policies/procedures,
industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Interview real estate market participants for rent surveys,
sales verifications, and subject property analysis.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and
- Participate in periodic conference calls with various
- Perform other duties as assigned.Travel Expectations Minimal
domestic travel required (10-20%)Work LocationDue to the nature of
the responsibilities, this role allows for some remote work, but is
primarily required to be onsite within a designated Berkadia office
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Mathematics, Economics, or Real Estate related area is
- Exposure to multifamily or commercial real estate transactions
and analytics is preferred.
- Proficient in ARGUS and capable of developing discounted cash
flow modeling in Excel.
- Ability to independently travel to property inspections and/or
conduct market research.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year of recent commercial real estate
experience.Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and
Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real
estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our
multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep
relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell,
finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for
the entire life cycle of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership
structure allows us to put the client's interests first and creates
a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.Applicants who
require accommodations to participate in the interview process
should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such
accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.comBerkadia
does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any
salary-related information you see posted externally has not been
provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.Berkadia
is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to
all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or
federal laws.By applying to this job opportunity you are
under Federal Employment Laws. Please click the following links for
more information: EEOC, Employee Rights under the FMLA, EPPA.
Keywords: Berkadia, Irvine , Valuation Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!