Lab Support Technician - $1,000 Sign on Bonus
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job SummaryOur organization is searching for a reliable and
credible member to join the team! You'll be under supervision,
provide lab support at customer facilities. As well as laboratory
support procedures and preparations. Maintain lab maintenance,
equipment, cleaning, and auditing (e.g. glassware, select waste,
autoclave). If this sounds like you please do apply! We would be
happy to have you a part of our organization.Benefits
- Dental, Vision, and Medical with prescription
- Spending and savings accounts: Healthcare savings, flexible
spending & limited purpose flexible spending.
- PTO and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave, 401k, stock purchase options and so much
more!Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling of all Select Agent waste handling
- Escorts vendors/contractors who perform onsite calibration
- Assist with laboratory glassware cleaning and autoclaving as
- Possibly support monthly BI work orders for GMPREP
- Responsible for supporting BSL 3 activities.
- Ensures all relative activities are properly documented in the
asset management system (potential responsibility).
- May accomplish other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required; associate's degree
- 1-2 years experience in a laboratory setting and understanding
of laboratory equipment.
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to
Know a plus.
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plusKnowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks,
health and safety issues, security clearances and medical
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and strong communication
expertise; display a professional can-do demeanor.
- Must be flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently.
- Basic computing skills including Microsoft Office with
proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks and meet
time critical projects.
- Knowledge of laboratory products, equipment and services a
plusEnvironmental Working Conditions & Physical EffortThe work
environment characteristics and physical effort described here are
representative of those an associate encounter while performing the
must-have functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.Typically
works in a lab or production environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise
level.Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as
grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive
movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and determination to adjust focus.The associate is
required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The
physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear,
bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder
height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job
requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds with
or without assistance.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address.For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal
Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster
Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using
the links below.3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Irvine , Lab Support Technician - $1,000 Sign on Bonus, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!