Account Manager - Electrical Vehicle OEM's
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eaton's Vehicle Division is currently seeking an Electrical
Vehicle OEM Account Manager to join our team. This position is
based in the state of California.
The Account Manager reports to the Commercial Leader for the
Electrical Vehicle (EV) OEM Accounts. This position is responsible
- Managing daily sales/commercial activity as well as long-term
growth/pursuit opportunities associated with the assigned products
for Vehicle Group and E-mobility Group. Additionally, support
Business Development initiatives led by product groups in
Electrical Segment with the assigned EV OEMs.
- Delivers upon established growth (revenue) and profitability
targets, by selling value and achieving pricing actions based on
budgetary/contractual adjustments, and other targeted price changes
within the OEM and Service business.
- Functions as key focal point for all strategic customer issues
on a worldwide basis, based on customers' regional HQ
- Delivers funnel growth by identifying new opportunities and
advancing them through various sales stages (specifically stages
3-7) within Eaton's C360 system.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Manages all commercial aspects for assigned product in NA,
including program quoting and negotiation, commercial warranty
claims, commercial impacts to program scope changes, and all other
commercial and pricing activities associated with the
- Articulates clear understanding of current/future targets for
relevant product market shares, competitive positioning, pricing
strategies and standard profits which achieve Eaton's expectations.
Benchmarks with other internal or external sales departments to
assure best practices are utilized.
- Develops (in consensus with product managers) and deploys
comprehensive pricing strategies which are market driven, based on
value provided, and the competitive landscape. The pricing
strategies, which will include an analytical approach, must support
Eaton's long-term financial targets, and provide "globally
consistent pricing" to avoid region to region
- Relentlessly monitors market dynamics (global and regional)
including customer and competitor developments and recommends
strategies to counteract these pressures to management.
- Provides customer interface strategy (points of contacts,
frequency) and builds strong rapport with key customers'
decision-makers. Visit's customers, attends conferences regularly
for seeking new opportunities, supporting existing pursuits and
building customer relationships.
- Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction for assigned
products. Leads customer scorecard reviews with operations to
ensure customer satisfaction improves and cross-functional
deliverables are met
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in the automotive and/or
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates that currently reside within the state of California
will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical and/or mechanical
- Master's degree
- 2 years of sales experience within the automotive and/or
- Sales experience with OEM's and Tier 1 suppliers supporting
highly engineered automotive products and with deep understanding
of value-based selling and pricing.
- Prior experience in technical sales or program management
supporting highly engineered automotive products
- Prior experience with powertrain products
Position Success Criteria:
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of
- Understanding of the Tier 1 and OEM Purchasing organizations
and negotiation tactics.
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent interpersonal communication and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage resources and achieve results
in a matrix environment
- Well-developed financial and analytical skillset that includes
ability to work with ERP systems, standard costs, financial models,
track and negotiate impacts of scope changes, economics, facilitate
development of contractual agreements, lead negotiations etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with large amounts of data, manage
as needed and consolidate and report critical summaries of the
- Evidence of leadership skills with the ability to develop
strong relationships, align with regional business goals, think
strategically, adapt to change, and develop strategies are critical
to this role.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-California-Santa Rosa
United States-California-City Of Industry, United
States-California-Roseville, United States-California-Irvine
Santa Rosa CA Loc
VEH Vehicle Group
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID :112607
Keywords: Eaton, Irvine , Account Manager - Electrical Vehicle OEM's, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!