Company: Phocas Software
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Phocas is a software provider that is committed to helping
people feel good about using data. Phocas offers solutions for
Analytics, Budgeting and Forecasting and Financial Statements that
work seamlessly together to help businesses report, budget and act
faster by putting data in the hands of decision makers.
Phocas isn't just loved by our customers. We also have some of the
happiest employees around! In fact, Phocas ranks #1 in G2 Crowd,
has a 4.9/5 rating on Glassdoor, and in 2019 Phocas won the Culture
Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our
constructive and positive culture.
As a Financial Analyst with Phocas you will support and contribute
to critical business decisions by researching, constructing,
analyzing, presenting, and maintaining key financial and growth
models. This role will appeal to someone who enjoys collaborating
with cross-functional team members across all levels of the
organization within finance, sales, marketing, and
- Conceptualize, gather, plan, prepare, construct, summarize and
analyze pivotal financial and growth models.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to gain financial,
commercial, market and procedural insights and requirements.
- Support the day-to-day finance operations of the business -
assisting with monthly reporting, budgeting/forecasting and general
- Produce datasets and reports for analysis using internal system
reporting tools and external data sources.
- Plan and convert complex business plans and data into
meaningful, scalable excel models to inform stakeholders and drive
more informed decisions.
- Perform technical analysis of financial models to assess short-
and long-term financial performance and business value.
- Support continuous improvement projects, develop, and enhance
reporting and planning tools and identify opportunities for
efficiency and financial outcomes.
- Implementation of and adherence to global processes and
procedures in the USA business.
- Preparation, maintenance, and timely processing of USA
- Coordination and reporting of benefits - 401K and Health
- Continual review of Sales Tax Rates and assisting with timely
filing of all Sales Tax Return Lodgement.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or other related
- 3 - 5 years proven experience as financial analyst, management
accountant or similar role, preferably gained from within
- Extensive experience with MS Excel in creating complex
- Proven knowledge and application of accounting and financial
principles and practices, as well as laws and regulations.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with an accounting
- Proven understanding of internal and external business and
- Great communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation,
that allows you to gain rapid understanding of complex commercial
and financial concepts.
- Good business judgment and common sense, able to think
strategically as well as tactically.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a broader
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to conceptualize and
process large amounts of data.
- Strong ability to learn, comfortable with ambiguity and
adaptable within a changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic
- Prior technology/ software or investment banking industry
experience highly preferred.
Fun / Fulfilling Awesome culture and meaningful work!
- Autonomy Trusted to follow your passion and make it your
- Growth Opportunity to be more - for you and the business.
- Wellness We believe in a real work life balance and have a
strong family orientated culture.
In addition to a fun and fulfilling team and environment, other
benefits provided include
- 401(k) match
- Company paid medical, vision and dental with buy-up
- Generous time off 20-vacation days and 10-sick days plus
generous company holiday schedule
- Remote work available
These 3 words are what Phocas endeavors to provide to our employees
and underpins everything we do.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job
Keywords: Phocas Software, Irvine , Financial Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!