Sr Business Analyst - Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: April 9, 2021
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000
employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical
management and affordability of prescription medications and
consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality,
integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings
and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier
happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more
than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower
costs and a better overall experience. Leveraging expertise,
flexible technology and a network of over 67,000 community
pharmacies, and the use of our own state-of-the-art specialty and
home delivery pharmacies and fulfillment centers, we are driving
value to those we serve through our transforming capabilities. This
is a place like no other and where you'll do your life's best
work.SMAs a Sr. Business Analyst, you will work on a wide range of
activities related to department including strategic planning,
analysis, project management, implementations and development of
action plans. Works with clients and internal work teams to ensure
successful implementation and project work. Works on development
and writing of business processes and development of processes and
productivity initiatives. Develops business requirements for
Eligibility within assigned projects and follows them through to
production. Develops and analyzes reports and a variety of ad hoc
reports to support key departmental and corporate initiatives.
Troubleshoots and works with clients and/or IT to resolve issues
and/or interpret perceived issues.Essential Job Functions
- Conducts research and analyzes/interprets information on
issues, proposals and problems to ensure that appropriate and
complete information is provided for decision-making and
- Investigates non-standard requests and problems.
- Assists in the development of organizational objectives and
short and long-range goals.
- Uses and researches data and facts to identify and solve a
range of problems.
- Creates Visio diagrams and complex excel spreadsheets.
- Reads and interprets complex reports.
- Attends meetings to determine how proposed projects will affect
team for both project duration and when project goes to
- Assesses resources needed for projects including own time
commitment. Presents to leadership timelines, assets, time
- Writes business policies, communications, correspondences,
procedures and other required documentation.
- Develops department materials for new projects,
- Develops department (ORx Elig) requirements for assigned
- Develop team metrics to display quality. Ensure metrics are
rolled out and maintained.
- Performs moderately complex business analysis.
- Reviews and interprets data, then develops
- Participates in meetings, takes minutes and provides advice and
- Interprets data flow from intake files to system
- Interprets and explains data flow and document files to client
for their understanding of processes and successful
- Work with client and peers to understand and interpret
vernacular, acronyms and internal jargon to ensure assumptions are
not made or continued.
- Develops and maintains strong cross functional
- Writes test cases related to group and eligibility data feeds
and processes. Populates test cases from subjective information.
Assists testers understand and interpret testing language.
- Works with PMs to interpret defects. Works with IT to resolve
defects. Must have enough understanding of project to work with
partners and resolve defects.
- Work with clients and peers to interpret and solve issues with
- Facilitate meetings, set-up, agenda, and assign take away
- Understanding, interpreting business requirements and system
- Minimum of five years of progressive responsibility with
process improvement initiatives
- Experience with user acceptance testing (UAT) and regression
testing; interpreting, running test cases and defect
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours
of the site with the ability to work occasional overtime including
weekends, nights and holidays (New Year's Day specifically) as
- Experience understanding department load, needs of clients and
balancing them (pushing back when needed).
- Demonstrated ability to apply quality measures/measurements in
day to day work.
- Demonstrated ability to complete defect resolution within
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, writing skills, time/project
management, problem solving, organizational and analytical
- Ability to work independently with rapid learning curve
- Demonstrated skills/experience; process improvement, workflow,
benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to
wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply
with any state and local masking ordersPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business
Administration or a related field
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating
- Project Management experience preferred.
- AS400 experience preferred.
- RxClaim working knowledge given preference.
- JSON file experience given preference.
- Agile lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, databases
structures.UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health
and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are
taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition
some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols
in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the
return of each wave, paying specific attention to
geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical
workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have
taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and
their families, providing them with resources and support as they
continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on
us.You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and
support impacted communities at: click here . *All Telecommuters
will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter
Policy.Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado
residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors
including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to
your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position,
subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and
vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid
parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan;
employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability
insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel
accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and
employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.Diversity
creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is
a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.Job keywords: Business Analyst, project
management, user acceptance testing, UAT, OptumRX, Optum. UHG,
remote, telecommute, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Irvine , Sr Business Analyst - Remote, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!