Company: Fisher Phillips LLP
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is
seeking an experienced Data Analyst for its Irvine office.--Our
range of experience enables us to bring efficient and practical
solutions to today's labor and employment law problems. For more
information about the firm, please visit us at our website at
www.fisherphillips.com . Position Summary The Data Analyst performs
under the direction and supervision of an attorney and should
strive to perform high-quality billable work for the benefit of our
clients and the support of our attorneys. We expect the Data
Analyst to provide a high level of expertise in assisting clients
and attorneys while managing a busy case and/or matter load. The
Data Analyst is expected to record 1500 or more billable hours
during the performance year. The performance year begins October 1
and ends September 30. The Data Analyst does not render legal
advice to a client, ever. The Data Analyst is responsible for
analyzing client data. The analyst designs, creates and analyzes
data reports for results, trends and variations. The Data Analyst
must have superior excel skills and be comfortable evaluating large
amounts of data and creating formulas for proper analysis.
-- Essential Functions
- Draft Damage Model to determine the gross damage exposure of
claims that are egregious or authorized by relevant statutes.
Design reports and formulae in excel that will provide the analysis
needed to predict damages in different scenarios; and working with
the attorneys to manipulate the data to get the information they
- Perform Time Card Analysis in order to identify any meal period
violations and provide any other insightful information. Formulae
will be altered to change the parameters and lawyers will ask for
"what if" analyses, like what are the penalties if there are 1,000
FTE plaintiffs and they all worked w to x while missing y number of
breaks a week and working z overtime hours per month on
- Receives confidential client data and performs quality control
test. Cleans, aggregates, and transforms variety of data formats
into excel format for analysis.
- Check modeling results for quality and reports on data as
- Analyze payroll and time data to determine if wages were
- Pay plan calculator design and manipulation, which involves
reading the criteria for commissions and bonuses that are set forth
in a pay plan or contract and designing excel spreadsheets that
will allow our client to use the calculator to determine wages
owed. Legal training not required even though they are reading
agreements. The criteria are fairly clear, usually, to someone with
- Creating spreadsheets to analyze other business data, or
manipulating spreadsheets provided by the client, on things like
profit and loss calculations on a business unit related to a case
we are defending.
- Manage deadlines and ensure project steps are completed and
progressed in a timely fashion.
- Interpret client data to identify statistical trends through
data aggregation, sorting, and statistical analyses.
- Collaborate with other team members, attorneys, paralegals and
class action attorneys.
- Statistical estimation and testing for adverse impact in
employer hiring, promotion and termination processes.
- Linear and logistic regression modeling and hypothesis testing
used in preventative pay equity reviews.
- Utilize Excel to work with client data to identify statistical
trends in Human Resources data.
- Work with client data to identify statistical trends in
- General excel work beyond the capability of an admin or word
- Written and verbal contact with HR and legal professionals at
Fortune 500 companies. Skills and Abilities
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, from start
to finish, with shifting priority levels
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with routine billable time and cost capturing for
- Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and
appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when
- Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service
and assistance; meet commitments.
- Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the
hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
- Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect;
react well under pressure.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support
everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Possess superior Microsoft Suite skills Personal Attributes
- Presents written communications that are concise and
- Exhibits confident and professional verbal communication
- Effectively communicates with clients and vendors.
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects,
work and deadlines.
- Maintains a positive and "can do" attitude when dealing with
clients, co-workers, and attorneys.
- Answers questions clearly and thoroughly.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
- Possesses a strong understanding and abides by the policies and
procedures of the firm and local office.
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor
at all times.
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Takes ownership; gets the job done without the need for
prodding or supervision.
- Respects the time constraints faced by the lawyers in the
- Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in
- Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1 to 3 years data analyst experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Familiarity and Microsoft
Office Professional Suite
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for
Applications preferred No relocation costs. Principals only, no
calls please. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to
race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast
feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition,
genetic information, disability or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Fisher Phillips LLP, Irvine , Data Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!