Operational Risk Analyst - AVP
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Posted on: April 6, 2021
MUFG is committed to the safety and well-being of our
colleagues, clients, candidates, and the community as we manage the
current COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, as we continue to
recruit and hire exceptional talent to join our team, we are taking
the necessary precautions to limit in-person contact, aligned with
Federal, State, and local health recommendations and requirements.
All interviews are being conducted remotely via Skype, FaceTime, or
phone. Additionally, we have implemented remote on-boarding for new
colleagues, as appropriate. Thank you for your interest in
exploring career opportunities with MUFG. Operational Risk Testing
Analyst, Assistant Vice President Are you passionate about creating
an exceptional client experience? Discover your opportunity with
Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union
Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We
have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150
years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor
our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe
striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust
starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to
achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is
expected and creating results is rewarded. Job Summary: The Sr.
Retail Bank Risk Analyst primarily supports the Business Unit Risk
Manager and Division Risk Manager with all risk control testing
activities related to the business line (primarily Retail Banking)
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the BURM's testing team
in assessing control design and monitoring of control effectiveness
through the performance of quality assurance procedures. The
incumbent must have the ability to thoroughly understand data in
order to accurately assess and recommend key risk metrics to
monitor where key risks are changing or additional controls are
needed. Actively assist with facilitating resolution processes with
processing support areas and provide recommendations on process
gaps. In addition, participate in assessing, tracking and reporting
results of various risk management activities, and Special Project
coordination as the need arises. Management or Supervision: No
Major Responsibilities: Risk Assessment, Control Evaluation, and
- Perform risk research and analysis and formulate
recommendations to make processes more efficient as well as
identify trends and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- Support the BURM testing staff with testing procedures to
assess control effectiveness and identify control gaps and
communicate emerging risks.
- Perform independent quality assurance procedures to assess
control design and control effectiveness.
- Support documentation of testing results in the system of
record and coordinate with BURM testing staff and business units of
any remediation activities, including documentation of action
- Ensure success of remediation activities through effective
- Participate in ad hoc working groups to address and resolve new
areas of risk within the business areas of responsibility as
requested by BURM. Documentation and Reporting:
- Document process flows using Visio tool to ensure a clear audit
/ historic record.
- Support BURM Issues Management staff in documenting,
monitoring, and reporting on self-identified, audit, compliance and
- Design and provide input into risk reports for BURM's areas of
responsibility in assigned business area.
- Assess losses for association to risks and processes, including
determination of if control gaps exist.
- Inform line of business risk and control ratings as needed
Identify external and internal events that may impact the business,
assess implications for the business, and recommend approaches to
mitigate resulting risks.
- Support on-going assessment of risk and control effectiveness
through the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process
Training, Communication, Committee Meeting Participation & Special
- Identify training needs associated with changes in the
organization, employee turnover and control deficiencies as
identified through the quality assurance work.
- Coordinate communication within business units (i.e., process
support owners, module owners, Business Compliance Officer (BCO)
and management as appropriate].
- Ad hoc or special project management responsibilities.
- Respond to questions from senior management . Education,
Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree
- Candidate should have at least 5-7 years as an analyst with
related experience in risk management or internal audit functions
within a financial institution
- Knowledge of operational risk management concepts and
demonstrated experience in risk and control self-assessment,
documenting process flows including process documentation, and data
analysis skills and /or relevant experience preferred
- Experience in developing, tracking, analyzing and reporting on
risk related assessments and functions Knowledge, Skills,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required and prior project
management experience ideal.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with a variety of reporting tools a plus (e.g.,
- Must be flexible and able to balance several priorities at
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Experience in financial institutions and finance organizations
- Experience in public accounting, audit, and/or professional
services is desired The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to
create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
category. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment.
Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation,
seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all
employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only
inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been
made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who
have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for,
certain offenses. We are committed to ensuring that our online
application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all
applicants, including individuals with disabilities. If you are an
applicant with a disability, or are assisting an applicant with a
disability, and require accessibility assistance or an
accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request
by telephone at 1-866-275-4717 or email us at AskHR@us.mufg.jp .
Include your contact information and specific details about your
requested accommodation. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging
the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our
workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Irvine , Operational Risk Analyst - AVP, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!