Business Systems Analyst - Operations
Company: 5.11, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Responsible for
effectively leading efforts to implement and support information
technology solutions for business critical processes. The Business
Systems Analyst acts as a liaison for the Information Technology
team with both internal and external business partners. The
position will work within the business to define business
requirements, facilitate discussion and agreement on process design
amongst stakeholders, develop business processes, validate business
processes against the system(s) and conduct feasibility assessments
of process and technologies within the Microsoft D365
implementation project. The Business Systems Analyst will be the
"subject matter expert" both from a business perspective and a
system / process functionality perspective for all D365 Operations
Modules (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, inventory and warehouse
- Oversee the development of specifications related to changes in
the business functions or new functionality.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business
processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Participate in the definition, implementation and distribution
of operating procedures.
- Hold design review sessions with cross-functional team members
to review requirements.
- Coordinate and execute user acceptance testing sessions.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics
application and evaluate operations processes against the standard
Microsoft Dynamics functionality.
- Conduct acceptance testing and training to the users to
successfully use and maintain the Microsoft Dynamics
- Gather important data necessary for troubleshooting.
- Obtain sign off of functional specification(s) from all cross
functional project team members.
- Develop functional specifications and system design
specifications for project engagements.
- Interact with the Business community and IT resources to
identify required changes.
- Perform systems analyst activities and make recommendations in
areas that require a high level of technical competency.
- Review all user documentation and monitor testing.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, escalated
and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Manage resources in accordance with project schedules.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services. QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform the job successfully, an individual should have the
- Bachelor's Degree in related area
- 5+ years experience supporting IT projects and applications,
preferably Operations/Logistics applications
- 3+ years experience working with Dynamics D365 in a Technical
Business Analyst role
- Significant experience drafting, developing and implementing
core business processes
- Ability to draft operations reports to satisfy the data and
analytical needs across all Operations functions
- Familiar with principles of application programming, database
and system design
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and work
effectively with business stakeholders and other specialists
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and to manage and
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal skills,
ability to understand and explain issues to colleagues and users
from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be capable of
breaking down complex problems to identify and resolve root causes;
this applies to both technical issues and process issues
- Experience with implementing and/or supporting Microsoft
- Experience with Microsoft D365 Operations modules
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an
overall project perspective
- Ability to travel *It is 5.11's Practice to hire at 18 years of
age or older. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: 5.11, Inc., Irvine , Business Systems Analyst - Operations, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!