Biomedical Equipment Technician
Company: Innovative Career Resources & Staffing
Posted on: April 5, 2021
International Biotechnology corporation and Industry Leader in
the growing field of cancer-detection properties via genetic
markers, along with improving and personalizing cancer testing and
treatment is currently looking to identify and hire a Biomedical
Technician, on a direct hire basis. The Biomedical Technician is
responsible for the lifecycle of all the laboratory testing
equipment including record management and wireless temperature
monitoring system. Responsible for the management, and training of
the laboratory team. Prepares an annual budget for the purchase of
newly identified equipment or replacement of equipment, and
equipment vendor maintenance contracts
The Biomedical Technician will be responsible for, but not limited
- Regularly inspecting company equipment, overseeing maintenance
of equipment through development and implementation of preventive
maintenance and calibration program.
- Keeping management informed of the condition of equipment and
other systems in the facility.
- Ensuring all equipment maintenance and repairs are completed in
a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all
- Interfacing with appropriate staff/managers to receive
information regarding equipment needs; ensuring timely response to
- Responsible for the lifecycle of laboratory equipment. This
includes the performance of the IQ/OQ/PQ for new equipment, and
performance qualification for repaired equipment, if required.
- Responsible for the scheduling and timely performance of
preventive maintenance and calibrations cycles.
- Ensuring that the laboratory equipment team is trained and
competent to perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual preventive
maintenance tasks for assigned equipment.
- Performing competency testing for the laboratory equipment team
that ensures they are consistently performing preventive
maintenance as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of the contracted vendor(s) who
performs the equipment preventive maintenance, calibration, and
- Ensuring all equipment documentation is completed accurately by
both the facilities team and external vendors and is retrievable
for internal and external audit purposes.
- Preparing accurate and timely reports and metrics as
- Coordinating with other departments on design and construction
of new equipment, and work methods to ensure compliance with safety
policies and regulations.
- Ensuring that the equipment team reports all unsafe conditions
immediately and schedules or coordinates equipment repairs as soon
- Completing in real time using good documentation practices that
includes but is not limited to equipment forms, ensures that all
equipment files are accurate and current.
- Identifying continuous process improvements, and coordinating
the evaluation of new equipment, workspace, and electrical that
ensures compliance to safety policies and regulations.
- Contacting and working with the equipment manufacturers
technical support departments for how to repair equipment or
schedule a repair.
- Giving advice on the purchase of new equipment, testing and
training technical the operators of the equipment.
- Investigating safety-related equipment incidents while working
with EHS specialist.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the field,
nationally and internationally.
- Communicating effectively to Facilities Manager, Quality
Systems department and laboratory management.
- Engaging with Facilities Manager regarding the qualification of
- Working in collaboration with multiple departments and
responsible for overall stakeholder's satisfaction.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks in MasterControl
within the required timeframes.
- Responsible for ensuring all direct reports completes
MasterControl assignments within the required timeframe.
- Following all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Performing other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience in
diagnostic laboratory, equipment management experience.
- Equipment training certification from the original equipment
manufacturers, a plus.
- Knowledgeable of molecular testing equipment, both automated
- Knowledgeable of equipment such as pipettes, refrigeration
(ultralow freezers, freezers and refrigerators) centrifuges, and
- Knowledgeable of equipment calibration and equipment
- Knowledgeable of Equipment Management software.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, and organizational
- Professional communication skills, both written and
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and consistently
delivering projects on or before expected due dates.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Use of good judgment and a sense of urgency in the
decision-making process when assessing problems/situations.
- Experience with, the College of American Pathologists and New
York State Department of Health regulatory requirements (SO quality
management systems, a plus).
- Experience with wet-laboratory techniques and research
operations, laboratory equipment and instrumentation use and/or
- Experience with laboratory safety.
- Must have experience interacting with regulatory external
Keywords: Innovative Career Resources & Staffing, Irvine , Biomedical Equipment Technician, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!