Senior Vehicle Valuation Operations Analyst
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: The Senior Valuation Ops
Analyst is responsible for determining the valuation of assigned
used and new vehicles on a weekly basis. In order to successfully
complete these responsibilities, the Senior Valuation Ops Analyst
will analyze transaction data, correlate the forecast model output
with market trends and collaborate with the Data Science team and
other Analysts as required. In addition, the Senior Valuation Ops
Analyst will provide status updates and recommendations to
Management via reports and presentations concerning valuations.
Primary Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Report valuation trends to management via weekly and monthly
reports and presentations.
- Take the lead on performing extensive ad hoc analyses for all
relevant departments and senior management.
- Be point of contact for internal and external ad hoc requests
as well as process improvements.
- Analyze new and used car transactions, historical data, and
output from forecast models to determine vehicle valuations.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and other Valuation Analysts
to discern trends affecting various segments of the industry.
- Provide support across all value types and engage with
automotive dealers, manufacturers, financial institutions, and
consumers as required.
- Assist and mentor Valuation Analysts as needed to further
develop their skills.
- Review drafts of projects created by Valuation Analysts and
provide feedback prior to final draft being submitted.
- Set project and/or enhancement requirements as determined by
the department and upper management.
- Assist in the explanation of variances between forecast model
- Provide industry insights to Data Science team for purposes of
formulating more applicable statistical models.
- Review statistical output models from Data Science team,
ensuring integrity and validity down to the trim level.
- Maintain open dialogue with Data Science team on a weekly
basis, providing feedback from Valuations team.
- Refine the forecast model by understanding the output and
- Keep current on trends, market conditions, product development,
and other information related to new and used vehicles.
- Meet with representatives from automotive manufacturers,
financial institutions, and dealers that leverage Cox Automotive
values. This includes attending industry events such as seminars
and product meetings as required.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 5%) by land and/or air.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or
university; or four to six years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Acute analytical abilities are essential for this
- Must be able to analyze and transform large data sets into
meaningful insights and tools.
- Ability to interpret and validate the integrity of large data
sets and report anomalies to Data Warehouse team.
- Ability to set requirements of data sets for the Data Warehouse
team or external sources.
- Ability to normalize and integrate new data sets into existing
analytical tools and reports.
- Ability to recommend improvements to internal methodology and
- Ability to collaborate with a team of highly motivated
- Ability to draw conclusions, report and communicate valuation
data trends effectively with management and other teams in a timely
and clear manner.
- Ability to work independently and formulate analysis plans for
ad hoc requests.
- A major in economics, mathematics, statistics, business, or
similar quantitative field is preferred.
- Ability to train and help develop junior team members.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office products including
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data software such as SQL or Tableau is a
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as
exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency
distribution, determination of test reliability and validity,
analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Prior automotive experience preferred.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the
duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in
order to meet business requirements.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive There's nothing ordinary about Cox
Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion
for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We
make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for
everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents,
we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the
automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for
our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book,
while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About
Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com. Cox is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Irvine , Senior Vehicle Valuation Operations Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!