Senior Site Development, Planning & Entitlement Manager-Comm
Company: Duke Realty Corp
Posted on: February 23, 2021
LA - So.California Office
Irvine, CA, USA
Description Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate
companies in the United States with industrial properties in 20
major U.S. cities, has an exciting opportunity for a professional
familiar with the site design, land use entitlement and site
remediation process to join our development team in our--Irvine,
CA--office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast-paced
environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly
valued. A predisposition towards collaboration, teamwork and
personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate's success.
The site development professional will be part of a team
responsible for assisting--or having responsibility for the site
related portions of the due diligence process for vacant ground
acquisitions & dispositions, creation & management of master plans,
pursuit of land use approvals & entitlements, and creation &
management of the development infrastructure scopes of work.
Additional areas of responsibilities will include, but not be
limited to, the following:
- Land Acquisition and Disposition- Manage to the due diligence
process, coordinating both internal and external resources. Prepare
draft Due Diligence Report to identify and summarize issues and
risks discovered during the process. Acquire and review, at a
minimum, the following information: governing agency requirements;
required municipal approvals; environmental conditions and
situations; utility service availability and fees; geotechnical
investigations; natural and cultural resource impacts; traffic
impacts, roadway improvements, and Right-of-Way issues; mass
grading and significant site issue evaluations. Incorporate this
information to prepare master plan alternatives and develop
infrastructure scopes of work.
- Proposal (RFP) Responses & Site Feasibility/Layout - Assist
Pre-Construction Services with developing site plan alternatives to
respond to RFPs.
- Duke owned land - The Development Services team will analyze
the proposed building location, coverage, parking, landscaping,
access, etc. to determine how they may vary from the original
master plan. Analyze proposals for impacts to remaining acreage and
infrastructure requirements and advise the Market Leader as to
- Owner Identified land - The Development Services team will
provide appropriate level of analysis to manage risk applicable to
the design, permitting and construction process.
- Building Acquisition / Disposition - Assist
acquisition/disposition team, as necessary, with site related
issues, including: Land Title Survey coordination and review; site
development or zoning issues review (if any); environmental
- Acreage and Infrastructure Management - Site design
professional to track and update undeveloped vs. developed acreage
and proposed building coverage as development occurs. Track ongoing
infrastructure expenditures in relation to the budget most recently
approved by the company. Review proposed master plan changes for
impacts to the approved infrastructure scope and budget. Coordinate
changes to the infrastructure budget and/or the acreage with
- Governmental/Utility Liaison - Facilitate meetings with state
and local agencies that govern land use, zoning, transportation,
etc. Develop relationships with utility companies serving company
property. Assist in preparing submittal documents, applications,
meeting agendas, and correspondences.
- Consultants - Prepare and submit RFPs to consultants, review
proposals, negotiate and issue contract documents.
- Participate in Site Planning and CAD Services
- May perform other duties as assigned by Manager. Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience required. Experience
in a commercial real estate environment strongly desired.
- Relevant work experience as entitlement manager, planning
manager, real estate development manager, land use project manager,
or permitting specialist
- Deep knowledge of California state environmental regulations,
specifically a strong understanding of the California Environmental
Quality Act (CEQA) including Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) and
Mitigated Negative Declarations (MND).
- Ability to lead entitlement efforts for land use approvals
pursuant to CEQA including compliance with zoning regulations and
- BS degree in civil or environmental engineering, landscape
architecture, planning, urban planning, public policy, real estate,
or related field.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Possess strong initiative and effective organizational
- Willingness to train or supervise associates.
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with
various levels of professionals.
- Proficient working with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel to other markets as needed to assist with
projects. We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as
well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program. Qualifications Education
Required Bachelors Degree or better in Civil/Const Engineering or
related field. Experience Required 10 years: Site design,
development, and due diligence Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Duke Realty Corp, Irvine , Senior Site Development, Planning & Entitlement Manager-Comm, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!