Benefits Analyst III - 12798
Company: University of California - Irvine
Posted on: November 14, 2020
Recruitment Number: 12798
Reports To: Karen Hobson
Working Title: Benefits Analyst III
Bargaining Unit: 99
Job Code: 7720
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5
This recruitment is for a Temporary Benefits Analyst position
through UCI's internal temporary service.
Under the general supervision of the Benefits Manager, provides
counseling and effective case management for occupational and
non-occupational injuries/illnesses and leave of absences. Serves
as a resource, provides guidance, accurately interprets and
effectively communicates eligibility, entitlements and processes
with all levels of the organization on various benefit and
insurance programs including but not limited to Workers
Compensation, disability, leave of absences, and other income
replacement sources. Interacts with Disability Management
Consultant and TPAs regarding return to work and accommodations.
Contributes to the development and maintenance of effective unit
processes, communications, training and education programs. The
position is accountable for various HR policy and regulatory
compliance. Maintains a high level of confidentiality, and uses
discretion with sensitive HR issues.
Essential Job Functions:
Involves administering and communicating benefits programs.
Influences, shapes, and collaborates on employee benefit programs.
May provide training to departments on employee benefit programs
and workshops on new / amended benefit programs.
Compensation Range: $25-$30/hour.
* Strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop
recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving
* Strong in-depth knowledge of organization policies and
procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work
may impact other areas.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the organization's employee benefits
function and programs and can address unique circumstances as well
as routine situations.
* Demonstrated strong writing, speaking, and group presentation
skills in order to present information in a clear and concise
manner to multiple levels in the organization.
* In-depth knowledge of all benefits programs in order to provide
information and interpretation.
* Knowledge of CA workers compensation, and disability insurance
programs; such as experience in the administration and counseling
of income replacement insurance plans.
* Program development experience;
* Demonstrated skill and initiative to independently analyze
situations, interpreting data, defining problems and/or objectives,
identifying relevant factors, formulating logical conclusions,
ability to be creative and innovative in developing recommendations
and options to the appropriate persons(s);
* Self-motivated work habits;
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills to interact effectively with faculty, staff, retirees,
vendors, and the public;
* Demonstrated interpersonal relationship-building and
collaboration skills to encourage buy-in, advocacy, and support for
change and new initiatives among affected individuals, groups and
* Ability to deal with change and managing multiple projects;
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, determining
appropriate priorities, setting and meeting timelines, and
completing projects accurately and efficiently;
* Skill to communicate clearly and effectively with employees of
various cultural, social, economic, and educational backgrounds to
interpret the nature of their inquiry and respond productively;
* Interact with all levels of management and representatives
throughout the University of California;
* Demonstrated ability to maintain high level of
* Ability to work in team environment;
* Knowledge of UC benefits, retirement, compensation, wellness,
disability and workers compensation plans/programs;
* Knowledge of state laws pertaining to SDI and federal laws
* Knowledge of UCI organization, UC policies, procedures, and
* Knowledge of UCI payroll personnel system and procedures;
* Professional administrative experience in higher education and
understanding of an academic environment with University of
California professional experience strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of and application of UC s Insurance regulations and
* Knowledge of UC or UCI collective bargaining agreements
* Knowledge of UC HR/Benefits organization and process for program
development and delivery
* Experience with Case Management technology
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal
contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the
work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work
under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive
excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by
the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with
disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact
Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
This is a temporary employment recruitment reporting to the UCI
Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department.
Interviewing and hiring is based on internal hiring needs and how
well the candidate matches the requirements, and is a fit to the
TES is constantly seeking applicants although there may not be the
immediate need to interview or hire.
The majority of our temporary positions are Monday Friday, 8:00
a.m. 5:00 p.m., however, we also have occasional part-time, weekend
and evening hours available.
Comprehensive benefits options are also available for temporary
employees, including paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis
in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a
position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates
selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your
interest in employment with UCI Temporary Employment Services.
Keywords: University of California - Irvine, Irvine , Benefits Analyst III - 12798, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!