Principal Platform Architect
Posted on: October 15, 2020
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello---, the Greek word for "future," was the
product of a recent $80+ million-dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello---
is just the beginning--- loanDepot will continue to invest in
developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around
serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide
exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you
have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot - We are
America's Lender.JOB SUMMARY:The Principal Platform Architect will
be a key role in the creation of a cloud-first technology framework
at loanDepot. This role will provide technical leadership in
support of loanDepot's initiatives in cloud computing and
automation, with an emphasis on the design of systems and services
that run on cloud platforms. The Principal Platform Architect will
be an integral part of loanDepot's Cloud Strategy Team that
provides architectural leadership and best practices for the rest
of the technology organization. Additionally, this role will be
responsible for ensuring that all platforms are designed and
optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. Ensures the
performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies
and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation
features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for
loanDepot cloud end-to-end architecture, including Microsoft Azure
and future providers, networking, provisioning, and
- Oversees the design and plan to migrate loanDepot's on-prem
datacenter to the cloud.
- Develops, administers, maintains, and implements policies and
procedures for ensuring the security, governance, quality,
integrity, and availability of the company's infrastructure
platforms both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research
and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons
for each, and a recommendation.
- Ensures business partner success in designing, building and
migrating applications, software, and services to LD's cloud
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends,
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural
alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including
IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Introduces new technologies to the organization in a planful
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high
availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.STANDARD DUTIES
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others
on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of
harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and
on time; supports the company's goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations
and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are
applicable to one's own actions and conduct.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Azure and VMWare
- Strong knowledge of "traditional" IT infrastructure - Server
virtualization, Load balancers, Data Storage, Networking, etc.
- Expert level troubleshooting, design, and engineering
- Experience working with infrastructure automation tools -
Terraform, Ansible, Powershell, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Demonstrates successful teamwork experience and leadership
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies is a
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing
duties. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a
related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten (10) + years' experience with application,
infrastructure, database, and networking architecture.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Minimum five (5) + years' experience in architecting cloud
solutions with one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS,
- Experience and understanding of the latest development tools
and technologies required.The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.#LI-SC PM17 PI124174472
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , Principal Platform Architect, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!