Company: CTC Global Corporation
Posted on: May 17, 2020
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Home - Irvine, CAPosition
Type Full TimeJob Shift GraveyardJob Category
The Core Production Supervisor mush have comprehensive knowledge of
the Core Production department. Responsible for ensuring a product
or service meets the established standards of quality including
reliability, usability and performance. The candidate will be
directly responsible for production on the job site during the
assigned shift for facility safety and will be responsible for
staff assignments, equipment operation, layout and fabrication of
Core production. In addition, the Core Production Supervisor will
determine material needs and orders accordingly. Establishes and
leads continual improvement to increase productivity, reduce waste,
and improve quality throughout Manufacture.
- Responsible for safety inspections, procedures and regulations,
scheduled maintenance, and supervision of crew members.
- Perform equipment change over.
- Ensure strict adherence to corporate values in complying with
all environmental, safety, local laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership and supervision in the start-up, shutdown,
and operation of associated pultrusion equipment.
- Will be responsible for pultrusion set up, run, adjust, changes
dies, equipment, and trouble shoot equipment and/or process issues
as required to meet shift assignments.
- Help coordinate the daily and production related work required
to maintain unit availability and productivity.
- Check and during the assigned shift, re-check set-ups for
- Establish high standards for associates, provide leadership and
motivation by example.
- Provide training, coaching, counseling, rewarding, and
disciplining associates as required.
- Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within
specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Understanding of proper pultrusion processes like material
feeding, fiberglass splices, dealing with knots, tangles, tears,
and material ends while being able to demonstrate problem solving
- Loading and unloading of raw materials for core production as
- Monitoring and documentation of monitored data including: pull
force, speed, temperature consistency, resin level, room
temperature and humidity. Notifying a qualified individual of any
discrepancies of core or improper material feeding.
- Set up reels for proper feeding of finished core material.
- Observation and attentiveness to machine and core in order to
detect and prevent possible malfunctions (audible and visual).
Responsible for recognizing and alerting supervisors of anything
- Effectively execute shift change by preparing and cleaning all
equipment and supplies to minimize down time. Inform the incoming
shift of any special instructions or changes.
- Read and interpret gauges, record measurements, document batch
measurements, and accurately complete process control logs.
- Ensure all team members follow operating and maintenance
instructions for tools/machinery, and utilize relevant manuals for
adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment, thoroughly read the Material
Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for proper handling of materials, follow
operating and maintenance instructions for tools and machinery, and
utilize relevant manuals for proper operating procedures.
- Provide Production Manufacture data and participation to the
company's monthly KPI (Key Process Indicators) presentation.
- Oversee operations metrics ( Key Process Indicators [KPI])
program for Manufacture: Non-Conforming Material (NCR),
manufacturing defects, productivity, continuous improvement.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The
performance of other duties not listed may become necessary as
production conditions dictate.Preferred Qualifications
- Must have an Associate's degree or equivalent from a 4-year
College or technical school and 7 years minimum related experience
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees,
- Regularly required to stand and walk and use hands to finger,
handle, and feel. Also, frequently required to reach with hands and
arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally
lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to start and stop production equipment, operate powered
industrial equipment, and operate software for tracking
- Knowledge of tooling and calibration, as well as knowledge of
all production paperwork including: core production set-up sheets,
process logs, reel and resin logs, testing request forms, and work
- Good communication and numeric aptitude, and detail skills.
- Ability to speak and read English effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret gauges, record measurements,
safety rules, SDS (Safety Data Sheets), operating and maintenance
instructions, and any relevant manuals.
- Ability to stand for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Use of hands and arms to lift, handle, pour, clean, install,
and position materials and tools/machinery, and to otherwise
Keywords: CTC Global Corporation, Irvine , PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!