IT Business Systems Analyst
Company: Pacific Premier Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analytical and
system support along with managing project enhancements and defect
resolution. This includes authoring Project Scope Documents, Test
Plans, and Use Cases definition. The position provides subject
matter expertise and problem resolution for applications;
including, but not limited to, Intranet Applications, API Banking,
and Reporting needs. Job responsibilities are performed with a
significant degree of latitude and autonomy.
* Work with Business owners to define project scope and produce
* Participate in meetings, maintain meeting minutes, and ensure
documentation is complete and accurate.
* Represent Application Development team on project meetings and
* Conduct analyses used to support management decisions.
* Ensure process changes are accurate, effective, and fully
* Prepare thorough remediation steps for issues that arise during
configuration and testing.
* Apply business expertise and analytical skills to resolve
business issues and challenges.
* Update procedures, standards, and other documentation under the
direction of a senior management.
* Process configuration changes, such as user access, parameter
settings and workflows.
* Assist with minor and major release readiness by conducting QA
testing and managing UAT with business owners.
* Develop QA artifacts, including Test Plans and Test Scenarios for
projects that require code and configuration changes.
* Write Test Cases and Test Scripts, and prepare Go Live
documentation to ensure system defects are mitigated and/or
* Ensure QA and UAT testing meets established exit criteria before
Change Mgmt. approval.
* Oversee test execution schedule and milestones to ensure biweekly
and quarterly sprints are deployed on-time.
* Execute Test Scripts, validate actual vs. expected test results;
document details when results do not meet expected results.
* Ensure defect documentation accurately reflects the discrepancy
between expected and actual results.
* Ensure defects are resolved within established timeframes and
escalate defects that require attention from senior management.
* Test defect resolution to ensure defect has actually been
* The candidate should have prior experience defining project
scope, developing system requirements, conducting QA testing, and
working with production support.
* Ability to think and act from the standpoint of a system user,
such as an external customer and/or internal business partner.
* Strong analytical, written/verbal communication and
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work both in a team environment under guidance and
with minimal supervision.
* Strong time management skills and ability to meet tight
* Flexibility to shift focus from one application or project to
* Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
* Experience working with Jira and Confluence, API's, and SQL.
* Experience working with vendors; payment processors, software
platforms, & lockbox providers
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, or a related
field desirable but not required
* 5 years of Banking, Business Analyst experience, and Quality
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pacific Premier Bank, Irvine , IT Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!