Peoplesoft Business Analyst
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Peoplesoft Business Analyst
Work as the Business Analyst for implementation efforts related to
integration with downstream (Tier-n) systems that utilize employee,
payroll and/or other data stored in local data repositories.
- Act as the backup point of contact for all downstream
- Analyze the usage of legacy payroll system data by downstream
systems. Conduct outreaches to potentially impacted areas to
facilitate the maintenance of a comprehensive list of systems with
dependency on data.
- Facilitate the implementation of the strategy for updating
Tier-n systems. Support the analysis of interfaces required for
Tier-n system updates. Work with the owners of individual Tier-n
systems as needed to understand the data requirement and
dependency. Provide assistance in the assessment of the impact of
implementation on various systems, which requires understanding
Future State Process Designs and other pertinent design documents.
Document and maintain the functional requirements and data mapping
documentation for the required interfaces.
- Work closely with technical team members to support the
implementation of the interfaces by providing domain knowledge
about the underlining data. Responsible for maintaining detailed
documentation on the access and utilization of the interfaces and
provide training to Tier-n system owners.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking analysis/design issues
and questions, coordinating the resolution and escalation if
- Participate in all testing phases. Tasks include but are not
limited to: creating test data, documenting test cases, executing
tests, recording test results, reporting and tracking defects.
- Provide ongoing project updates to Tier-n system owners. Assist
the Tier-n Lead in tracking the project progress and schedule.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
As a member of the Administration & Business Services, participate
in the Wide PeopleSoft implementation. Tasks include analysis of
the usage of legacy data in downstream systems, data mapping and
impact analysis, analysis and design of interfaces required for
integration with downstream systems, development of the functional
specifications for the required future state interfaces, testing of
integration points as interfaces are developed. Incumbent must
utilize domain knowledge related to the data in the legacy Payroll
system and system in order to provide assistance to the
stakeholders of the downstream systems as needed. Other duties
include tracking task progress to support the overall project
status reporting. This position will report to and act as a backup
for the Tier-n Lead.
- Experience working with HR and/or Payroll system, knowledge
with PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of SQL querrying and
relational database management systems such as Microsoft SQL
Server, MySQL, Oracle or DB2 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to
technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the
- Familiarity with business process analysis.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships
with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architecture and Web
- Familiarity with relational data modeling.
- Familiarity with application system development life cycle.
- Familiarity with a university environment.
If this describes you, please apply today!Why Kelly--?With Kelly,
youll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the
best companies around the globeoffering you the chance to work on
some of todays most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility
projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our
connections and opportunities will help you take your career
exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100
companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT
professionals last year. Let us help advance your career
today.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, were a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Irvine , Peoplesoft Business Analyst, Professions , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!