Customer Advisory Academy - Cloud Transformation Systems Engineer - United States
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Customer Advisory Academy - Cloud Transformation Systems
Are you an emerging technologist interested in solving complex
business problems* Would you like to be paid to attend an in-person
training in Cary, North Carolina USA to learn innovative
technologies like cloud infrastructures and big data analysis* If
so, this is the opportunity for you!
The SAS Customer Advisory Academy is a 10-week global training
program where you will be paid to learn SAS technologies and
solutions specifically addressing the different cloud
infrastructures, including AWS, Google, Azure, Dockers and
You will receive training in SAS advanced analytics, data
management and visualization, as well as learn consultative skills
and methodology, product positioning and business practices
ensuring you are well-equipped with the necessary skills to
succeed. The training will take place both virtually and at SAS
World Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina USA. Candidates hired
for this position will participate in the training program
beginning in 2020.
Upon graduation from the Academy, you will begin a role as an
Associate Customer Advisor where you will provide technical
assistance for software pre-sale and/or post-sale activities
utilizing you the skills acquired during training, along with your
knowledge of industry segment processes and challenges to do the
Primary Responsibilities of a Customer Advisor include but are not
* Working with the sales team on technical activities to maximize
revenue opportunities and ensure the highest level of customer
* Co-operating with sales in developing customer account
strategies, assessment of customer needs and critical sales issues
to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Providing consultative services, including architecture
recommendations to support proposed solutions, and possessing
technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems
based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data
management and visualization.
* Translating business requirements into SAS technical solutions
and linking to business value.
* Identifying appropriate architecture, applications, tools and
solutions for targeted accounts.
* Preparing technical demonstrations, proof of concepts and
presentations based on client needs.
* Conducting discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and
document business requirements during the sales cycle to support
the implementation team and produce a detailed solution
* Developing familiarity with company sales initiatives, product
positioning, pricing, proposals and models.
* Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through
the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and
* Installing SAS solutions and any required supporting products for
knowledge sharing, demonstration purposes or post-sale
implementations as assigned.
* Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice
methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics,
Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or
another related quantitative field.
* 3 years or less of relevant work experience
* Experience in programming with open source languages such as R,
Python, and Lua.
* Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
* Academic projects or work experience in information technology,
engineering, and/or business analysis.
* Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating
individual and team work abilities.
* Candidates must be willing to work in Cary, NC, USA for the
duration of the Academy program.
* Ability to travel up to 30-40% or as business needs dictate.
* Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
* Strong academic performance.
* Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon
Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
* Familiarity with Linux.
* Experience in programming with SAS.
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem
solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to
communicate and present to users from various technical
* Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS
products/solutions that address those areas.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
* Public speaking experience.
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
* Check out our #Data4Good efforts to see how we re using our
analytics capabilities to solve humanitarian issues around poverty,
health, human rights, education and the environment.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant's education, skills and
experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are
received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment
Opportunity is the Law (PDF). Also view the supplement EEO is the
Law (PDF), and the notice Pay Transparency (PDF).
Keywords: SAS Institute, Irvine , Customer Advisory Academy - Cloud Transformation Systems Engineer - United States, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!