Business Development Specialist
Company: ABS Group
Posted on: July 15, 2019
ABS Group of Companies, Inc. (www.abs-group.com), through its
operating subsidiaries, provides data-driven risk and reliability
solutions to clients worldwide that support operational and
business performance and compliance with international standards.
Our range of technical services helps clients confirm the safety,
integrity, quality and environmental efficiency of critical assets
and operations. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ABS Group operates
with more than 1,300 professionals in over 30 countries serving the
industrial manufacturing, oil, gas and chemical, marine, offshore
and government sectors. ABS Group is a subsidiary of ABS, a leading
marine and offshore classification society.
In this position you will sell services for ABS Group (ABSG) in
order to attract new business, use a variety of marketing
techniques to attract potential customers, schedule meetings with
these customers, and conduct focus groups to pinpoint consumer
wants and needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Business Development
- Develops and executes a strategy for discovering and securing
new business opportunities either locally, regionally, or
- Develops negotiation strategies by evaluating risks and
- Assesses potential to cross sell other ABSG services in terms
of income potential and mission fit.
- Adapts new business strategies in accordance with the types of
clients already secured by the company.
- Evaluates, determines, and realizes quarterly business growth
- Represents the company at trade organizations and conferences
- Fosters beneficial relationships with business partners,
potential clients and business contacts in order to attract new
business and enhance the organization's reputation.
- Closes new business deals by developing and negotiating
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
- Product knowledge. Can quickly learn the full portfolio of
solutions of ABSG.
- Market intelligence. Able to conduct a market SWOT analysis and
adjust, align and lead the organization as necessary.
- Communication. Can develop and deliver communications, written
and oral, that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of
different audiences. Has the ability to develop and deliver
informal and formal presentations that are succinct and appropriate
for a variety of audiences.
- Organization and initiative. Able to manage time effectively to
complete work and achieve goals and deadlines. Able to work
independently with little or no supervision, keeping the
organizational goals in mind. Consistently achieves results, even
under tough circumstances.
- Process. Can work the sales process from prospecting to
qualifying to closing.
- Accountability. Results-oriented. Holds self and others
accountable to meet commitments.
- Enthusiasm. Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Conflict management. Handles conflict situations effectively,
with minimum disruption. Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or technical field
preferred, or experience in technical services.
- Sales experience in a technical or engineering services
In this position, you should expect to spend 75" of the time
traveling in order to meet with customers and potential customers.
Travel can be local, regional, national, or even international. As
such, a valid driver's license, passport and steady access to a car
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Company: ABS Consulting
Keywords: ABS Group, Irvine , Business Development Specialist, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!