Lead Test Engineer- Power and Propulsion
Company: Karma Automotive
Posted on: June 14, 2019
OverviewKarma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury
cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with
personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our
customers expect high levels of personalization and customization
and we intend to deliver on that promise. The Lead Test Engineer-
Power and Propulsion will be responsible for overseeing development
and execution of testing on components, subsystems, and modules for
Powertrain and High Voltage Systems and leading a team of two Test
Engineers and a power and a Powertrain Lab
- Manage development of testing for automotive components,
subsystems, and module mechanical systems.
- Creation of Test Plans, Test Procedures, and DVP/Rs.
- Attend and set up test planning meetings and test reviews with
cross-functional engineering validation groups.
- Collaborate with Powertrain and Battery System Engineers.
- Develop in-house testing methodology and specify/procure test
instrumentation as needed.
- Oversee standard test documentation process and ensure all
cross-functional groups are using the standard test templates for
Powertrain and HV Battery Systems.
- Review testing to ensure adequacy and capturing of all test
cases and potential corner cases.
- Work with Reliability engineering to develop accelerated
reliability tests for environmental, electrical, and
- Analyze and review test results with Powertrain and HV Battery
- Compile testing schedules, test statuses, and track issues
identified in testing.
- Working with and supporting cross-functional engineering groups
in development of DFMEAs for Powertrain and HV Battery
- Attend and provide input in DFMEA, DVP/R, and Test Readiness
Review Meetings for Powertrain and HV Battery Systems.
- Create and present presentations on testing.
- Oversight of mechanical design teams for all mechanical
components of the tracker. This includes stamped steel structural
components, die cast aluminum structural components, injection
molded plastic gears and housings, and other mechanical attachment
- Support preparation of test set-ups and components under
- Support development of specialized tests and required new test
- Support installation of new test equipmentQualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic
- Strong Test Development background in mechanical, electrical,
and environmental testing.
- Strong Technical Writing skills with a focus on test
- Strong understanding of Verification, Validation, and
Reliability Testing for Powertrain and HV Battery Systems.
- Experience with AVL and Aerovironment Test Equipment and Test
Stand a huge plus.
- Understanding and handling from a safety aspect and
- High Voltage system experience.
- Testing subject matter expert in powertrain automotive
components, subsystems, and full modules.
- Extensive Hands-on background in mechanical, electrical, and
- Statistical analysis and accelerated life test
calculation/analysis experience is desired.
- Experience with Powertrain and Chassis Dynos.
- Strong understanding of DVP/Rs and PPAP process.
- Strong understanding of Electric Vehicle Powertrain and High
Voltage Battery design.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes (i.e.
injection molding, die casting, powder metal sintering, machining,
stamping, roll forming, extruding, PCB & PCBA, general final
- Track record of supporting and leading testing for entire
development life cycle (Cradle to Production).
- Understanding of mechanical test fixture design is
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on testing, test development,
and test planning.
- Experience leading Testing or Test Engineers strongly
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
applicable.NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, PleaseCome and join the
great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive
offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days;
and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may
be available.Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy,
national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other group protected by
law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with
Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified
individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be
required based on essential duties.
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Irvine , Lead Test Engineer- Power and Propulsion, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!