Sr Commercial Underwriter
Company: Pacific Premier Bank
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Sr. Commercial Underwriter will be responsible conducting risk
management reviews and monitoring the accuracy of client portfolios
to establish compliance with loan approval conditions. The
incumbent in this position will demonstrate sound underwriting
capacity, depth of experience in a wide variety of loan types and
complexities, and the ability to manage a portfolio with limited
* Responsible and accountable for credit underwriting and
origination of new credits from existing and/or new customers to
include renewals, modifications, and annual reviews. Make
appropriate loan structure recommendations.
* Order and/or perform property inspections and/or valuation
updates on real estate collateral per Bank policy.
* Monitor credit risk by periodically evaluating financial trends,
credit bureau reports, pay habits, covenant compliance and other
sources of information of the borrower and guarantor(s); report any
adverse situations and make appropriate recommendations.
* Collect updated borrower financial information in accordance with
periodic reporting requirements and complete scheduled loan
* Grade loans based on periodic review of financial or other
information or data that may prompt a risk grade change.
* Ensure, by working with the Relationship Managers and the
Borrowers, that all correspondence and updated information is
maintained in credit files (i.e. approvals, financials reporting
and documentation related to renewals, modifications, forbearances
and waivers, etc.).
* Collaborate with Relationship Managers on the assigned loan
* Coordinate with Borrowers on payoffs, line of credit advances,
loan draws, etc.
* Authorizes approval up to a specific amount for new loans,
renewals and modifications.
* Responsible for performing all job functions with a sense of
urgency and in a timely manner.
* Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with
Internal (loan production staff, branches, and credit
administration) and External clients (borrowers, brokers,
* Responsible for maintaining a positive and professional
relationship with customers and business partners (which include
third party lenders, attorneys and other external parties) by
responding promptly for any and all requests in a responsive,
consistent and accurate manner.
* Experience underwriting Commercial Loans
* 7 years of experience in portfolio management; depth of
experience in a wide variety of loan types and complexities.
* Relevant work experience in commercial lending function
(commercial real estate, construction, small business lending,
etc.) preferably within the banking industry
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pacific Premier Bank, Irvine , Sr Commercial Underwriter, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!