Senior Solutions Architect (Infrastructure & Data Center)
Company: ePlus Technology
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers--many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs--keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will serve as the focused technical lead and sales engineer for ePlus targeted product and service solutions, supporting ePlus southern California Enterprise accounts driving revenue within the customer account portfolio. This position is both a technical architect and a business solution consultant with the requirement to fully understand and have sufficient background in infrastructure/data center technology, IT strategy, business acumen, to collaborate with our technical team of engineers, contractors, architects and subject matter experts.
Specifically, we are looking for a customer facing professional that is familiar with all aspects of Data Center Infrastructure, embedded security, and integration into the enterprise network. Must have experience with compute, storage virtualization, D/C fabric, Cloud integration and backup. The goal is to employ all aspects of ePlus' resources; from strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
Sales /Customer Facing
* Acts as the primary interface and trusted advisor with Enterprise Account Executives, Customer Executives and IT professionals to architect and develop strategic plans and initiatives with the customer on infrastructure solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes
* Engages as the lead technical resource on assigned accounts scoping proposed engagements with sales team and customers to generate competitive Statement of Work (SOW) and/or bill-of-materials (BOMs) generation.
* Assist sales team in dealing with customer satisfaction issues surrounding technical aspects or approach of a recommended solution and develop a get-well plan, as appropriate
* Function as a subject matter expert (SME) for customer technical staff regarding proposed solution and its design, configuration, implementation, and testing specifics
Engineering Team/Technical Facing
* Provide thought leadership and direction to engender support from our in-house technical teams, partner-vendors that address complex and cross-functional issues that bridge technologies in infrastructure, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, , cloud, content switching, content delivery networks.
* Develop and collaborate with our vendor partners and implementation team to develop integrated design solutions that can be practically implemented. This includes scoping, planning, design, implementation and migration strategies that enhance system availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability for our customers.
* Lead design architecture and peer reviews to document and publish standards, policies, design sign-off, and guidelines for HW, on-prem vs. hybrid-cloud hosting, and high availability and disaster recovery designs
The Really Fun Stuff/Career Orientation
* Evaluate emerging infrastructure technology and tools and drive the development of business cases for their use
* Engage in social media through VLOG, BLOG or YouTube views on emerging technology and implication on successful business outcomes
* Provide platform design guidance to local team for technical standards, and lead technology research for infrastructure, data center, application hosting and cloud related platforms
* Conduct customer facing services presentations on ePlus' core competencies and technical solution offerings for assigned accounts and focus areas
* Conduct ePlus branded lunch and learns with customers and identify sales opportunities, as requested by management
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
* Handle confidential matters and information professionally
* Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
* Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
* Complete administrative tasks (expenses, time reporting, pipeline) in a timely fashion
* Network engineering or systems/storage engineering, preferably with one or more of: Cisco, NetApp, Pure, VMware, Microsoft
* Pre-sales support
* Certifications in Cisco (Cisco DCUCD/FD, AWS CSA)
* Collaborative with strong team orientation.
* Knowledge and experience with Azure, AWS, and cloud management, monitoring, and security.
* Previous experience with multi-site, global datacenter rollouts, transformations and migrations.
* Previous experience with Data Center Infrastructure design - a thorough understanding of physical/virtual layout and relationships between server, SAN infrastructure, networking, power requirements, and server racking as well as planning and designing solutions for complex multi-vendor solutions (i.e. Cisco UCS/DCI, Nutanix, NetApp, Pure, EMC, HPE, Cisco embedded Security and HPE 3Par)
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
Education and Experience:
* Certifications in applicable technology preferred: CCDP, AWS CSA or ASE/ATP
* College degree or applicable work experience
* Two or more years of experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/storage solutions
* Three or more years of experience in providing pre-sales engineering support
Greatly Preferred Experience:
* 8 or more years of experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/storage solutions and able to articulate deep technical knowledge of infrastructure services, data center design and cloud integration for enterprise customers
*Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. At this time, ePlus will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
ePlus is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Keywords: ePlus Technology, Irvine , Senior Solutions Architect (Infrastructure & Data Center), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!