Franchise Development Leader (Chicago)
Company: Taco Bell
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 400 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to "Live M--s" and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat-- music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell-- Foundation, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live M--s Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World. About the Job:
Lead franchise development through new store growth in a territory by way or partnering with Franchisees. Partnership and assistance to Franchisees includes market planning, site sourcing, site selection, design, building permitting and construction guidance. Utilize internal and external partners, including brokers, developers, brand planning, brand design, real estate and operations, to maximize growth opportunities in the DMAs of coverage.
- Partner to achieve the national new store Franchise Development Plan and build a pipeline for future franchise development growth.
- Shepard projects through the Taco Bell Development Approval process
- Complete DMA plans and strategies for the top 10 priority suburban markets in designated regions.
- Identify opportunities in rural markets to develop small freestanding assets or a viable end-caps with drive-thru or inline assets.
- Identify areas where new franchisees are needed and partner with the Franchise Recruiting team to recruit.
- Develop, fill, and maintain the pipeline of new restaurants; Forecast the timeline of new restaurant openings and assess risks.
- Act as DMA owner for several markets and lead the broader development team toward the development goals established in those trade areas.
- Engage with the DMA team to find solutions to development barriers such as impact, growth approval, viable vehicles, etc.
Is This You?
- BS/BA degree in Finance/Accounting/Real Estate; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years hands-on development related experience in the restaurant industry with proven ability to break through the existing development complexity
- Problem solver who seeks win/win solutions, demonstrates tenacity, and is not easily discouraged
- Capability to address problems proactively and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure while maintaining a calm, professional attitude, even in crisis situations
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to review and understand financial statements and other legal documents
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people's lives with m--s!
- Year-round half-day Fridays
- Onsite Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Onsite Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation's educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events onsite year-round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
Keywords: Taco Bell, Irvine , Franchise Development Leader (Chicago), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!