Digital Support Specialist - CNC Setup (Monday to Friday 10:00am to 7:00pm)
Company: Glidewell Dental
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Position at Glidewell Dental
Shift: Monday to Friday 10:00am to 7:00pm
- To repair and maintain complex CNC equipment and production
machinery. Responsible for the set-up, calibration, repair and
maintenance of CNC equipment and mill machines.
- Researches and develops resolutions to unknown issues primarily
focused on CNC machinery and equipment.
- Sets up machines and rotary tables in accordance with job type
- Measures, examines, and tests completed calibration parts in
order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications;
utilizes precision instruments including, but not limited to:
micrometers, calipers, and other inspection equipment as
- Reads and understands G codes and performs basic NC program
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates all basic machine tools and
specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform
precision machining operations.
- Reviews, inspects, and prepares for production ready
- Calibrates, cleans, and performs preventive maintenance on
digital equipment including but not limited to CNC milling
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Studies sample parts and edits work offsets in order to produce
- Select the appropriate tools, machines to be used in
preparation of machinery work.
- Observes and diagnoses operating machines and equipment
malfunctions and determines need for adjustments and/or
- Repairs machine parts and equipment in order to ensure proper
and safe operations.
- Operates all common machine shop equipment and hand tools
safely and accordingly.
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper
- Follows all lock-out/tag-out procedures when machines require
shutting down for repairs.
- Installs and setup new equipment as needed.
- Provide onsite and phone support for external customers.
- Tickets and records information relevant to equipment repair
- Checks in/out inventory and supplies.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by
- Graduate of technical school, full apprenticeship program, or
completion of in-company four-year training program to satisfaction
of plant training committee, preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of set-up experience as a
- Demonstrated knowledge of CNC Machining centers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control engineering pertaining to
automated manufacturing equipment.
- Strong knowledge of assembly, maintenance, and repair of
- Experience with Haas CNC controls and CNC programming, a
plus.Pay Range: $25.00 - $32.00/hr. Leveling and actual pay rate
dependent on experience.
Glidewell Laboratories is the industry leader in dental technology
due to our agility, speed, and cutting edge technology. We work in
a fast-paced and highly sought-after employee-friendly work
environment. Behind all of this success is an amazing group of
people who are passionate about bringing innovation to the
marketplace, while providing quality and affordability to better
the lives of people all over the world. If you share in our passion
for teamwork and a vision for excellence, let's talk about a
rewarding career at Glidewell!
In addition are the following generous employee benefits: Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, company-paid life
insurance, additional onsite dental services, vacation, holiday,
and sick time, employee gym (with fitness classes and meditation
room), employee medical/wellness center (with massage therapy and
acupuncture), two company subsidized cafes, Internet cafes,
employee lounges with big screen TVs, game tables, fun company
sponsored events, a diverse work environment with over forty
nationalities represented, and much more!
Note to Current employees: Please apply through Employee Transfer
Application to complete the transfer request form.
Keywords: Glidewell Dental, Irvine , Digital Support Specialist - CNC Setup (Monday to Friday 10:00am to 7:00pm), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...